Get a dashcam fitted NOW!!

gangzoom

That morning circa 10mins before the above incident, I had pulled into the BP garage on the island for fuel as was going on track later that morning. Saw the young couple at the till shaking and thought hhhmmmm oh not what's happen???, left the forecourt and saw the aftermath :surrender:

Not to everyones specs or taste but I recently got a hero sessions 4 which I mounted between the seats and just run a longer cable to my power bank to keep it on with 64mb sd card set on loop and remote to control... ive caught loads of utter t**s already on it from one week!!

Good thing is it comes out easy enough but hidden well enough between seats if left in car but no drama for me putting it in and out of car when needed but some people may find that annoying

Edited by jumping350

Nextbase 412gw

Seems to win out on all the reviews and top recommended by which, whatcar, autoexpress etc so can't be bad

http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/nextbase-dash-cam-412gw

That's the one I went for too, only issue I've had with it so far is sometimes I'll get in the car in the morning and it's in the footwell which I think you will get with any camera which relies on a sucker to keep it in place.

All other features are fine, I did disable audio as it would either capture me calling idiots w*nk*rs or a 'discussion' between me and the OH :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah you can have a like for like vehicle. However in you're earlier post you said that due to the other side now not accepting liability you were going to maximise you're claim.

You just have a duty to mitigate your losses so for example if you had access to another vehicle that you could use while yours is being repaired you should use that instead of being in a hire vehicle.

If you check the small print of the hire agreement it will usually state that you are ultimately responsible for the hire charges and they must be paid within 12 months. Although with that dash cam footage it shouldn't take long to resolve liability

You just have a duty to mitigate your losses so for example if you had access to another vehicle that you could use while yours is being repaired you should use that instead of being in a hire vehicle.

Do you tax/insurer/service another car to keep on your driveway to use just incase someone crashes into your normal car??

I suspect short of millionaires most people have a car for a reason, they need to get from A to B. In my case the car is our main family car used to do all the nursery runs. A huge part of the decision making process that made us choose the car over others was the safety features is offered over all other cars on the market and something it demonstrated in the crash.

We saved for 3 years and waited for nearly 12 months for it to be delivered,and all I can say am happy that I was able to do the nursery run back in a car with the same safety features.

If I had caused the crash I would put my hands up, admit I dis wrong and try to come up with a solution, but as this accident was in no way related to my actions I'm glad at least am back in a similar car whilst the mess is sorted out.

Oh and I've fitted a dash car to the loaner, as I suspect I'll be driving around in the hire car for the next month at least.

Edited by gangzoom

Do you tax/insurer/service another car to keep on your driveway to use just incase someone crashes into your normal car??

I suspect short of millionaires most people have a car for a reason, they need to get from A to B. In my case the car is our main family car used to do all the nursery runs. A huge part of the decision making process that made us choose the car over others was the safety features is offered over all other cars on the market and something it demonstrated in the crash.

We saved for 3 years and waited for nearly 12 months for it to be delivered,and all I can say am happy that I was able to do the nursery run back in a car with the same safety features.

If I had caused the crash I would put my hands up, admit I dis wrong and try to come up with a solution, but as this accident was in no way related to my actions I'm glad at least am back in a similar car whilst the mess is sorted out.

Oh and I've fitted a dash car to the loaner, as I suspect I'll be driving around in the hire car for the next month at least.

I hope you are right but quite a few people now have told you that you may end up being responsible for the hire costs , just because you have a Tesla doesnt mean that no other car would suit your needs

Just dont moan if you get stuck with the bill

not sure why gang is getting so much stick for this? :shrug:

Its not stick just advice to be mindful and hopefully not incur a £10k hire car bill

At £300+ a day I suspect the final hire car bill will be alot more than £10k.

Given its taken 6 days already just to get it recovered to a Tesla workshop!!

I've got the next base 312gw in works car. Work don't know, I just need to remember to count it when I do stock take. Its hard wired in, I just use the 12v adaptor when I have it in the Zed. With it falling off, I think it only happens when its really hot. I think its a really good bit of kit, one I hope I'll never need. I turn the mic off on mine in case I go to court and people laugh at my aweful music, but after gangzoom says you have hear his indicators on his, maybe I should turn it back on...although my singing will drown them out I guess.

I have a nextbase 212 in my daily, hardwired in to the fusebox (you can get piggyback fuse adaptors on ebay which enable you to plug it in to a fuse that is only live when the ignition is on, and then plug the fuse on top.

The best bit about the nextbases now is that they have magnetic hooks on the mount, so you can slide the camera off the mount to take out at night without unplugging anything (and just buy a new mount/wires if you have another car so you can then move it to another car in seconds).