Annual Insurance Renewal

350Chris

So it is that time of year again....the annual game of Insurance foreplay...

The renewal letter arrives with an unrealistic figure, I shop around and threaten to leave and the price magically comes down to something more acceptable. wall.gif

I am part way through that merry dance this year and my insurer is swearing blind, that owing to annual premium increases and the market in general - I have no choice but to renew for approximately £100 more than it cost me last year (this is after they got the initial renewal premium wrong - having quoted me against a completely different car!) confused.gif

What are your experiences - are you seeing your premiums go up?

Please don't forget to ring our scheme!

This chap posted this 2 days ago - Just got my insurance done, living in london not every one quotes, anyway prestige beat all comparism websites by £400 definately recommend to give them a call during renewal. They will also try to beat your best quote

Edited by Tim@Prestige

Tried Prestige.

Just under 1k but wouldn't insure mods.

:(

Prestige insure me..... you can't say I'm a modification free zone. I've been with Prestige (Mulsanne) for 9 years.

TT350 I think your case is a freak one off and not representative of insurers or members on here as a whole - its unfortunate but not sure that jumping on every insurance thread to post about it is contributing to the value of the threads.

It's just frustrating Coldel.

I've been a careful driver for nearly 20 years with no reward, yet I seem to be a very isolated case. As you say, freak.

35, full NCB, no convictions, no points, no claims. Ever.

I think we both know it is a freak in the algorithm, probably due to some reported crimes closeby to you in the last 12 that have a high weighting on the quotation. I am sure if I tried to get my Celica insured on Moss Side or whatever my quote would go through the roof too.

I've been a careful driver for nearly 20 years with no reward, yet I seem to be a very isolated case. As you say, freak.

Why not PM Tim above, they worked some serous magic to insure a custom build transplanted V8. A lot of hoops had to be jumped through, paperwork, referrals etc. Not only that, but they wouldn't insure me unless they were confident the work was done to a specific standard.

They have never failed to insure me, with specifics such as merging a modified and un-modified policy into a multi car policy. It might take a few days, but leave them to work something out for you.

Why not PM Tim above, they worked some serous magic to insure a custom build transplanted V8. A lot of hoops had to be jumped through, paperwork, referrals etc. Not only that, but they wouldn't insure me unless they were confident the work was done to a specific standard.

They have never failed to insure me, with specifics such as merging a modified and un-modified policy into a multi car policy. It might take a few days, but leave them to work something out for you.

It's was prestige that quoted me. They said they'd only returned one underwriter that would touch me but not cover the mods on like for like.

It's was prestige that quoted me. They said they'd only returned one underwriter that would touch me but not cover the mods on like for like.

Dude, just PM Tim - he will sort something out. Leave him your number a convenient time to call and he will sort for you. Listen, if they can insure me, they can insure you! It took many days to get me insured trust me!

• Like 1