Day 3 of 350z ownership and...

Ash87

Glad you're liking the new toy. I remember hating the clutch on mine when I first got it.

I'm sure there would be plenty of owners with orange leathers that would swap for your black seats as most people hate the orange

As for wheels spacers, get them ordered immediately!

I can see why people hate the orange leather. I feel they are a bit of a guilty pleasure.

But with a car so garish, why play it safe with... black leather?! Although mine are in pretty good condition to be fair.

I will get the spacers. Only had it 3 days though lol!

Yeah 20 all round for spacers makes the car sit just right ;)

It will also lend itself well for the coilovers you will eventually fit ;)

On the subject of seats IMO the alezan works well on silver, grey and black cars. It gives it a more premium look. The black ones look good on the blue and orange cars whilst the frost looks great on dark blue HRs.

I went for them because my car was gunmetal but I'm not a huge fan of the orange gear surround, handbrake or steering wheel in alezan as it's overkill IMO.

Other mods I would recommend on an early DE are led tail lights and facelift bi xenons to freshen it up and improve visibility.

I'd have to agree - seats are sufficient, the gear knob and steering wheel would be overkill. Plus I have an aftermarket gear knob already.

I'm not sure I'll go with coilovers. I've just come from a modded TT which was too low. I scraped it all the time and had to have the bumper repaired as a result.

The led tail lights - I like them a lot. Are they pricey and hard to come by?

Also, I didn't realise the headlights were different from the 04 to the... 06?

Also, in regards to the headlights, you have a prefacelift DE Z

You had 03-05 DE, 05-06 then became the revup which had a slightly tweaked engine and all of the facelift upgrades, and then 06 onwards became the facelift HR! Trust me when I say get yourself a pair of facelift LED rear lights, they make a world of difference!

My Zs the next tone down from yours, if you want an idea of what the orange will look like then have a flick through my build! As for the lights then ZMANALEX on here, clarke motorsport on here, Jon at emperor tuning of hes still trading. Many of the traders will also be able to get you the wiper cover, had to do the same myself!

20mm isn't enough for the rear. 25 rear, 20 front minimum, but after doing it, I wish I'd gone 25 front 30 rear.

As for sound, yeh, an induction kit and moreso, test pipes, make all the difference. However, I wouldn't change my stock airbox for a cone or a mushroom just for the 5% improvement in sound, it will suck in hotter air and reduce performance. The 350 engine bay is a hot, HOT place.

You can get rear facelift lights from our vendors if you want originals or there;s an ebay vendor in the US called unclesamdeal who sells Chinese copies ridiculously cheap (nothing wrong with them, just delivery will take a while and you'll pay customs, so consider carefully if you'd rather NOT save the 200 quid and get real ones faster). Also, the UKDM facelift rears are only red, there's a JDM model which is chrome, only the copies are available in black from what I understand, and for my car, black would go better, I think yours too, but obviously it's a matter of taste.

UKDM:

image.jpg

JDM:

350zjdmtail.jpg

Black JDM copies...

03-N303TLEDJM-S.jpg

Edited by Aashenfox

• 2 weeks later...

Let my friend drive mine last night and he asked me twice why the car wasnt moving despite being in gear. He simply wasnt lifting the clutch high enough! Im so used to the high clutch that smooth take offs arent tricky anymore

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As with any new car (new to me) it takes a bit of getting used to.

What's the situation with the clutches on these cars? Mine seems to be quite high, setting off is pretty jumpy. The last bit of the clutch kind of springs up, which is good for was changes when booting it down the motorway, but normal town driving, a bit of a nightmare to clutch control. Hill starts... forget about it!!!

The sound... it's a V6... I mean, it's a ****ing V6!!!! Ahh that sound! Mine has a full powerflow exhaust system in too, so it just adds to the awesome sound.

Love the gearbox. Such a precise notchy little thing. Driving position is perfect.

I've given it one 0-50(ish) blast and it spun when changing to 2nd. Just heard the tyres screech. Never had a car that did that.

What else can I say... I live the car. I'm so glad I bought one.

Just getting used to it and trying not to give myself whiplash as I walk away from my parked Zed - whipping my head back to look at it.

I'll need to upload some pics for you all. I'll wash it and take it to a decent spot for some nice pics this week.

Hi mate,

Everything you have said I can relate to mine, picked it up a few weeks ago and (apart from the exhaust) I feel the exact same way about the noise and drive, and how you describe the clutch also.

Nice choice!