Day 3 of 350z ownership and...

Ash87

As with any new car (new to me) it takes a bit of getting used to.

What's the situation with the clutches on these cars? Mine seems to be quite high, setting off is pretty jumpy. The last bit of the clutch kind of springs up, which is good for was changes when booting it down the motorway, but normal town driving, a bit of a nightmare to clutch control. Hill starts... forget about it!!!

The sound... it's a V6... I mean, it's a ****ing V6!!!! Ahh that sound! Mine has a full powerflow exhaust system in too, so it just adds to the awesome sound.

Love the gearbox. Such a precise notchy little thing. Driving position is perfect.

I've given it one 0-50(ish) blast and it spun when changing to 2nd. Just heard the tyres screech. Never had a car that did that.

What else can I say... I live the car. I'm so glad I bought one.

Just getting used to it and trying not to give myself whiplash as I walk away from my parked Zed - whipping my head back to look at it.

I'll need to upload some pics for you all. I'll wash it and take it to a decent spot for some nice pics this week.

• Like 3

They're great cars, I was torn between this and a supra they're similar in pricing now days. But I know 4 people with supras but I don't know a single person with a 350z. Plus it's a lot quicker than the NA 2Jz block so there's that too :D

So glad I bought a 350 instead of the supra

Edited by Jake.Lowther

Oh I'm more than enjoying it. I remember when they first came out, around 2003...?

Me and my Dad used to drive past an orange one, we were like, "woaw, what's that?" Wait... "a Nissan?!" Someone must have vandalised that Porsche by sticking a Nissan badge on!!! Ha. I can't wait to pull up my parents house with this, "hey Dad look, I bought one!"

I've always wanted one, but just never ended up getting one for one reason or another.

I sold my TT to get this. I poured my heart and soul into that car and roughly £4K over 2.5 years (7k miles) it was sad to see it go. But it's amazing what a better car will do for your grieving process, "what TT?"

Is the high clutch pedal a 350z thing? I've seen a post on adjusting it. Going to give that a go.

Clutch is a bit random, mine was high when I bought it and 3 months later the clutch gave up. But heard others with high clutch pedals and had no problems. Just one of those things. But it certainly shouldnt be jumping as you describe it based on the Zeds I drove which didnt have that charateristc?

Clutch is a bit random, mine was high when I bought it and 3 months later the clutch gave up. But heard others with high clutch pedals and had no problems. Just one of those things. But it certainly shouldnt be jumping as you describe it based on the Zeds I drove which didnt have that charateristc?

It's not as such jumping I think it's just when the clutch engages its really poppy and wants to fully engage.

It's a sporty clutch thing isn't it, they're either on or off almost. It basically doesn't The clutch being ridden

It just has a little bit of spring to it on the last 1/10th

The clutch is fine, it's not a high biting point or anything, it's just the height of the pedal. It sits about 1" higher than the brake pedal. Just hard work to drive it smoothly. I either kangaroo from a stationary position or rev the tits off it (with a loud exhaust) to then pull away like a learner!

It just has a little bit of spring to it on the last 1/10th

The clutch is fine, it's not a high biting point or anything, it's just the height of the pedal. It sits about 1" higher than the brake pedal. Just hard work to drive it smoothly. I either kangaroo from a stationary position or rev the tits off it (with a loud exhaust) to then pull away like a learner!

Exactly this as soon as it bites it just wants to spring up slightly. Couple of people I've spoke to say this I normal.

They're great cars, I was torn between this and a supra they're similar in pricing now days. But I know 4 people with supras but I don't know a single person with a 350z. Plus it's a lot quicker than the NA 2Jz block so there's that too :D

So glad I bought a 350 instead of the supra

MIne trounced a Twin Turbo in the bends too. Although I suspect that was a getting the power down issue.

Got to remember your 350z has ten years on the Supra in terms of chassis design. The Supra is all about the tunability of the engine which in standard form can take boost up to around 500bhp, that includes staying on the standard clutch which is quite amazing.

• Like 1

Oh no! It sounds like you have a severe case of zeditus! Im afraid its pretty terminal from here on in, next will come a raging fever only cured by modifications!

Joking aside, the clutch thing sounds pretty normal. Two years on and ive still not perfected the Z pull away but definitely the most engaging car to drive :) You may find adjustment of the clutch pedal will help but its minimal. Post some pictures!

• Like 1

Cheers mate, yea I'm happy with it.

I've got to say, I think I prefer the orange leather interior...

Does anyone know where I can get a cap/cover for the bolt on the rear wiper arm (mines missing)? Had no luck on ebay.

Biting point is high even on a new clutch. Mine has never sprung up on the pedal though that's a new one to me.

Jerky starts when pulling away, well mine was like that until I had the Uprev map done, now it's smooth with no lag in the throttle pedal modulating it is fine.

I have a GM colour car so went for the alezan seats to brighten up the interior as the black ones made it a little dark and dreary IMO.

Zeditus is real :)

Here we go lads. FA1D66F2-7612-454A-9512-F1B9F318475D.jpg

Just popped outside and took a snap whilst it was sitting on the drive.

I recommend getting some 20mm hubcentric wheel spacers front and back (go Eibach) to fill out those arches better, you will thank me later :lol:

Edited by Sargara

Yea that was a plan of mine. I had spacers on the Audi for the same reason.

I'm not wanting to do a great deal to the car. So far the list is:

Refurb the wheels (probably go anthracite)

Have one calliper resprayed (it's been scuffed)

Wheel spacers

Maybe put clear lights on the rear bumper

Michelin Pilot super sports all round