Ultra lightweight flywheel

Jake.Lowther

Anyone got the ultra lightweight fly wheel from Tarmac Sportz website?

It says it weighs 6.3kg

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/clutch-and-drivetrain/competition-clutch-nissan-350z-infiniti-g35-vq35de-flywheels.html

I eventually plan to go down the forced induction route, so I slowly want to build up a collection of parts.

Just looking for some reviews since there's none on their website :)

Edited by Jake.Lowther

As above

Chatter yes, snapped crank, never heard that and we sell a lot of flywheels

I've had lightweight flys on most of my cars and its never particularly bothered me, personally I would go for the lightweight rather than ultra light though

go for a heavier one?

Edited by Jake.Lowther

As above

Chatter yes, snapped crank, never heard that and we sell a lot of flywheels

I've had lightweight flys on most of my cars and its never particularly bothered me, personally I would go for the lightweight rather than ultra light though

go for a heavier one?

Would be less chatter :thumbs:

Is that chatter that bad?

And I intend to boost it eventually in which case I thought you lighter the better.

I've heard someone say before that when it's too light, the revs fall too fast between normal gear changes but I haven't experienced it first hand. If you go with what tarmac advised with the light flywheel it's tried and tested on many of the forum cars (road and track) so won't give you any issues. The chatter really isn't bad it's just some people are really fussy about the odd little noise but it's not even noticeable really while driving