..my Griffith's axle doesn't go clicky! B'Pool 1 Tokyo 0

sprevett

:rant: had the Z three days and yes....I've got clicky axle syndrome. No, my TVR has never broken down in 5 years (sorry)

So, i gather from previous posts I have a common Z fault - my local main dealer (Lythgoe Bolton) has said it does two things:

- first they rotate the drive shafts 180degrees and grease

- if this doesn't fix they fit new shaft/cv thingies

sound about right? any comments? anyone know Lythgoe? I spoke to chap called Jim in't workshop

:rant: had the Z three days and yes....I've got clicky axle syndrome. No, my TVR has never broken down in 5 years (sorry)

So, i gather from previous posts I have a common Z fault - my local main dealer (Lythgoe Bolton) has said it does two things:

- first they rotate the drive shafts 180degrees and grease

- if this doesn't fix they fit new shaft/cv thingies

sound about right? any comments? anyone know Lythgoe? I spoke to chap called Jim in't workshop

yeah a couple of people including me have been to lythgoe, there not too bad actually. Sounds about right about the fixes. As far as we know, the clicking doesnt do any harm to the car, just an annoying noise. I ahd mine greased and it never came bakc. Didnt cost me anything as they did it as part of the service too.

Slightly off topic - For servicing Chorley Nissan are cheaper if your cars out of warranty.

:) thanks for info - went to see Jim at Lythgoe and he seems good. He said that swapping over the drive shafts & greasing usually cures the noise (which he said was annoying but not dangerous etc) but if not then they would replace them.

i mentioned the occasionally 'jittery' clutch bite in first and he said that it was a common problem on older cars...and requires a new clutch & flywheel to fix :scare::scare::scare: now where did I park that TVR....

:) thanks for info - went to see Jim at Lythgoe and he seems good. He said that swapping over the drive shafts & greasing usually cures the noise (which he said was annoying but not dangerous etc) but if not then they would replace them.

i mentioned the occasionally 'jittery' clutch bite in first and he said that it was a common problem on older cars...and requires a new clutch & flywheel to fix :scare::scare::scare: now where did I park that TVR....

On a low loader? :p:D

It is a common approach to fixing it. I hope you haven't put the kiss of death in the Griff now.....! :lol:

no a good start mate :wacko: hopefully you will get it sorted, i'm suprised no one has produced a repair kit for the clicky axle issue yet

rotation and greasing has varying results, works for some and not others or can be only a short term solution

go and give trevor a polish B)