Seat versus Tesla, not a good result for either.. UPDATED page 6

gangzoom

If the battery pack is undamaged, and the drive-train, its hard to think it would cost as much as a new one to fix it. It's just shaped metal after all.

50K to fix is a massive amount but still cheaper that 100K to replace. But who would touch such a job if Tesla won't?

Battery is as much of the structure as the chassis, rear drivetrain also clearly totalled. So new chassis, new battery, new motor, all before any body work. £50k wouldn't even cover the parts cost let alone labour.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming up to 5 weeks since the accident and a settlement has finally been agreed. The insurance company will order me a brand new Model X 75D order, same config as before but I've 'contributed' £4.5K to the price in view of my old car been a 60D (which Tesla no longer sell) so the new order is a 'betterment' than my written off car. Cannot complain too much as I was considering the £4.5K option to 'upgrade' the 60kWh battery in my old X and turning it into the 75kWh version anyways (all done via software).

Delivery is due end of Sep/Oct, so still need to work out what to do with the hire car situation. The accident management company are confident they can get all costs back from that side but I'm no entirely sure I want a £90k+ hire car with all the liabilities/worry that go along with it that for the next 2-3 months. Once the new car order is fully confirmed I'll have a think about what to do, and if/how I can keep mobile if the current hire car goes back.

Anways, either way I now get to go through the whole waiting stage again for a new Tesla!!!  Not sure if its any easier the second time round :lol:

35783800691_a869e39849_c.jpg

Good news :)

Just give the current hire car back and get a cheaper one, no worries then. The only time you get trouble is when people keep very expensive cars on hire for ages, when a boggo 1.6 Focus estate would actually do them just fine.

37 minutes ago, gangzoom said:

I was considering the £4.5K option to 'upgrade' the 60kWh battery in my old X and turning it into the 75kWh version anyways (all done via software).

WOAH WOAH WOAH

Four and a half f*cking grand just to plug a laptop in for an hour?! Nope. Just nope.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Good news :)

Just give the current hire car back and get a cheaper one, no worries then. The only time you get trouble is when people keep very expensive cars on hire for ages, when a boggo 1.6 Focus estate would actually do them just fine.

Great news it's finally sorted. 

Just playing devils advocate,  but if this went to court to dispute hire costs, could they not argue that if he can now manage with a less expensive hire car why was this not the case initially? How have his circumstances changed or would he be able to argue that he was keeping costs down out of generosity given the waiting time for the new vehicle.  I don't know how it works. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leonk said:

Great news it's finally sorted. 

Just playing devils advocate,  but if this went to court to dispute hire costs, could they not argue that if he can now manage with a less expensive hire car why was this not the case initially? How have his circumstances changed or would he be able to argue that he was keeping costs down out of generosity given the waiting time for the new vehicle.  I don't know how it works. 

Actually I have no idea what to do about the hire car, I've done 1000 miles in 4 weeks, my daughter has been in the car for at least 1/2 of those trips. I have no access to another car, and really don't want the hassle of arranging my own hire car - which would still cost £££, which I would have to stump up.

I have no issues with the third party insurance company been charged ££££ for the hire car rental for the next 2-3 months, it's more I feel uncomfortable driving around in such an expensive rental.......What if another idiots T-bones me?? It was bad enough sorting out this claim, let alone deal with another one!!!

Anyways the weekend is coming, and at least I can now relax about my own car :).

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

WOAH WOAH WOAH

Four and a half f*cking grand just to plug a laptop in for an hour?! Nope. Just nope.

Oh it gets much worse than that......If you want to 'activate' autopilot software (currently in Beta form) it's £6K, if you want 'Full self driving' (which isn't even in Alpha stage) that's another £4K!!.....and plenty people have/do spend £10K on software which you really don't need. The car already has no gears/starter button/and does re-gen braking so driving it isn't exactly a taxing process!!

But they have just upgraded the motor on all their cars, so the new car will apparently crack 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, which is kinda of mental given its suppose to be the 'base' spec version :D

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...