Cheap Axle Stands at Halfords

richard.hezlett

Halfords have their 2 tonne axle stands on offer at £10 and their 3 tonne ones at £12. Might be of use to some forum members.

Picked up a pair of the 2 tonne on Sunday to fit some Teins, quality is good and the car didn't land on me.. can't say fairer than that for a tenner! ;)

• Like 2

They come in a pack of 2. I was dissapointed with mine, the stand didn't fit in the tripod properly. Didn't take it back I just hit it with hammers until it did what I wanted. Other than that they were spot on. The trolley jack was iretty good too.

I've already got a set of these that came with the Halfords jacking set, just reserved some for tomorrow. They get the job done. Adjustable heights, I'm still alive so they work. Once I have all 4 I'll put it up fully will make working on the brakes and under the car in general so much better. The shittest thing about the jacking kit was the jack it can barely lift the car to the lowest setting on the stands....

I just bought the smallest jack as I only needed it to replace the compressor on my mum's pug. Zed stuff gets done at work. Like you say though it lifted the car and they didn't collapse and drop the car on me.

Edited by Jay84