Hayfever!

Honey

Not the stuff you buy in supermarkets but straight from the hive. Natural and unrefined

Best to start taking it in the spring

I've heard this but hasn't it got to be local honey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea sorry local honey. If it's straight from the hive chances are it will be a local bee keeper who gives it

Everything else mentioned in this thread is made in a factory and will have other side effects etc. Honey is natural so much better to try that

today has been ****ing terrible for me cant stop nose and eyes running

You and me both. Just got in from a 9 mile bike ride with picnic with my 2 daughters and I'm sniffing and crying like a baby. The wife keeps suggesting I blow my nose like it'll help lol.

You and me both. Just got in from a 9 mile bike ride with picnic with my 2 daughters and I'm sniffing and crying like a baby. The wife keeps suggesting I blow my nose like it'll help lol.

i have a special hate for people who tell me to blow my nose when my hayfever is playing up

• Like 2

i have a special hate for people who tell me to blow my nose when my hayfever is playing up

Yep, my GF is guilty of this! I end up with tissue just stuffed up my nose all night instead!

My hay fever is always worse on rainy days... as the rain brings the pollen down.

Loretadine - I take 2-3 of these a day (dosage is 1 but im a big guy and 1 does nothing). Only buy the generic versions. i pay about 90p for 14 from my local Home Bargains store. Buy about 10 boxes at a time.

Hayfever injections - I dont think this exists anymore does it?? My cousin took it in '94 and died from it. It was banned that year, as is my understanding. It contained steroids which reduced his immune system, and he died from a common cold.

Standard Benadryl (the blue ones) are the only ones that work for me, I take them as I need them and try not to be out at dusk when it gets really bad, the one a day tablets regardless of the type seem to make me drowsy. Also living in an area surrounded by fields doesn't help but slightly unavoidable due to work.

I'm suffering really badly this week. Started Sunday for me. Went to brands hatch for America speed fest and had to leave at 12 because my eyes and nose wouldn't stop running. I hate that there is no cure for it. I bet cannabis cures it lol

• Like 1

It would seem that the number of people suffering from allergies, hay fever being the most common, is on a rapid upward incline. Caroline gets not only hay fever but also has allergies to certain foods. My mum also had a serious allergy to pollen and like Caroline sometimes came up in whelps. Benedryl one a day tablets seem to help but are not always 100% effective unfortunately.

I would seem to be immune to hay fever and other allergies, I put some of this down to not being wrapped in a plastic bubble as a child :lol:

Pete

• Like 1

I'm with you on this JetSet, the more we have cleaners that kill nearly 100% of all germs and bacteria, the lower our immune system will become as we won't have the T-cell (or is it B-cell?) knowledge to fight off sickness that is developed as a child.

It would seem that the number of people suffering from allergies, hay fever being the most common, is on a rapid upward incline. Caroline gets not only hay fever but also has allergies to certain foods. My mum also had a serious allergy to pollen and like Caroline sometimes came up in whelps. Benedryl one a day tablets seem to help but are not always 100% effective unfortunately.

I would seem to be immune to hay fever and other allergies, I put some of this down to not being wrapped in a plastic bubble as a child :lol:

Pete

I've suffered with hayfever for years since i was about 10 years old , I used to get Terfenadine prescribed for many years and that worked really well but then they found it was really bad for you so i struggled to find anything that would help , now on Fexofenadine from the doctor which knocks it back but doesn't stop it altogether.

Funnily enough I lived in Canada for a year and when I went to the Docs for my annual prescription he said that many Brits don't suffer with hayfever there and its was relatively unheard of despite lots of grasses and sure enough not a peep of a symptom , the docs opinion was it was linked to air pollution as much as pollen and perhaps he was right

• Like 1

Pete

I've suffered with hayfever for years since i was about 10 years old , I used to get Terfenadine prescribed for many years and that worked really well but then they found it was really bad for you so i struggled to find anything that would help , now on Fexofenadine from the doctor which knocks it back but doesn't stop it altogether.

Funnily enough I lived in Canada for a year and when I went to the Docs for my annual prescription he said that many Brits don't suffer with hayfever there and its was relatively unheard of despite lots of grasses and sure enough not a peep of a symptom , the docs opinion was it was linked to air pollution as much as pollen and perhaps he was right

Hmmm, interesting.... I know that people smoking around me sets if off quite badly, I really struggle I go up to my moms place (she smokes). Canada sounds like a good idea!