**** Recent behaviour and general forum atmosphere.****

Lexx

It hasn't gone unnoticed by the team that the forum has become a less happy place than has generally been the case in our 10 year history.

As such we are prepared to take measures out with our usual protocols to ensure that this forum remains a friendly and active environment.

We're not finger pointing - this is a message for all who frequent our community.

Use it wisely and use it correctly or find yourself on the outside unable to look in.

Play nice folks. Life's too short.

• Like 17

Yes, global disenchantment seems to be reaching out to everybody, everywhere. Things are afoot in the human psyche lately and I don't like it. People just need to be more respectful of one another, make an extra effort, times of turmoil are hard on everyone and we are living in times of turmoil. Even if it hasn't directly touched you yet, you still feel the tension, and it's global. Here in Greece, we've been feeling a lot of pressure, capital controls are still in place. It's spreading, Brexit was a direct result of it (global disenchantment, the migrant issue, etc), Trump as well, Russians aside, the jihad just makes everyone nervous anyway, not good.

There's a reason why the statement 'may you live in interesting times' is considered a curse in Chinese.

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 6

Yes, global disenchantment seems to be reaching out to everybody, everywhere. Things are afoot in the human psyche lately and I don't like it. People just need to be more respectful of one another, make an extra effort, times of turmoil are hard on everyone and we are living in times of turmoil. Even if it hasn't directly touched you yet, you still feel the tension, and it's global. Here in Greece, we've been feeling a lot of pressure, capital controls are still in place. It's spreading, Brexit was a direct result of it (global disenchantment, the migrant issue, etc), Trump as well, Russians aside, the Jihad just makes everyone nervous anyway, not good.

There's a reason why the statement 'may you live in interesting times' is considered a curse in Chinese.

Well said Aashenfox. Indeed we are living in worrying times and it's got to have an impact on all of us at some point. Life's too short to get into an argument on a forum. We all have the same passion for our cars, right?......gotta have some fun and stay positive.
  • Like 5

Haven't been a member that long but haven't really noticed too much negativity if it helps things, have seen alot worse on other forums I've been a member of (and left following the constant ranting and negative behaviour). Keep up the good work peeps!

• Like 2

On a plus note. I helped 3 Canadian ladies ( one in a wheelchair) find their way to Covent Garden from Holborn as they had been given duff info by another person. I actually took the time to walk them most of the way there as I had some time to kill. I was rewarded with a Canadian flag pin badge as thanks. It don't take much to assist our fellow humans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 15

On a plus note. I helped 3 Canadian ladies ( one in a wheelchair) find their way to Covent Garden from Holborn as they had been given duff info by another person. I actually took the time to walk them most of the way there as I had some time to kill. I was rewarded with a Canadian flag pin badge as thanks. It don't take much to assist our fellow humans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more Paul. I was in the High Street a couple of days ago and noticed a very old chap with a walking stick and a terrible stoop trying to cross a side road, over half a dozen people doing the same thing and completely ignored the guy. I was crossing from the opposite direction and stopped to ask him if he needed some help. He said thank you sir, Iwas just going to chance it!!! Feck me I should have been calling him sir, anyway, I walked into the traffic queue and gesticulated for the next car to wait, went back for the old gentleman and he took my arm and we wobbled across, he was so thankful, got a thumbs up from the people in the car that I had stopped too. Felt bloody marvelous tbh.
  • Like 19

• 1 year later...

Just giving this thread a bump. 

Members please be aware that we do not tolerate abusive behaviour towards other members whether it be personal attacks against their choice of car/modifications/style etc or themselves. Healthy discussions are fine but please respect others opinions and choices remembering to articulate your own opinions in a grown up manner. 

If anyone experiences anything untoward from other members or even staff for that matter please use the "report post" button or contact any member of the team via PM so we can be made aware of any issues.

We cannot be everywhere and occasionally miss things so your help in reporting problems/issues is appreciated. Thank you. :thumbs:

Staff (Moderators & Administrators) can all be found here in the directory: https://www.350z-uk.com/staff/

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I'm glad I caught this thread I was considering turning off notifications and deleting the link to the forum from my desktop too many people seem overly critical , overly aggressive or overly sensitive about other peoples opinions or comments about their posts.

banter is one thing and what I've seen lately is not that, so for the record I'm putting my work out there and I welcome your opinion, comments or good natured p*** taking and if I throw my teddy down there's a 99% chance that I'm just messing with you.

:)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I still think the levels of maturity and overall forum atmosphere is better than most car forums. You go on some of the Facebook pages and you'll get a new guy ask a question and get roasted for it. But it's not perfect and it'll be nice to see the activity perk up again, I've noticed the activity has dropped in recent months.

• Like 2

i find the facebook pages are just noise....apart from the fact that there are loads of them, and  i'm never entirely sure which one i'm looking at.......if i want good solid help or info..I always default to the main forum

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Paul K said:

i find the facebook pages are just noise....apart from the fact that there are loads of them, and  i'm never entirely sure which one i'm looking at.......if i want good solid help or info..I always default to the main forum

I agree buddy. This is the best place for good advice.

On 22/08/2018 at 21:29, Jake.Lowther said:

I still think the levels of maturity and overall forum atmosphere is better than most car forums. You go on some of the Facebook pages and you'll get a new guy ask a question and get roasted for it. But it's not perfect and it'll be nice to see the activity perk up again, I've noticed the activity has dropped in recent months.

Probably because I have a new job and can't post on here 24/7 any more :lol: 

• 3 months later...
On 08/06/2017 at 15:28, Lexx said:

It hasn't gone unnoticed by the team that the forum has become a less happy place than has generally been the case in our 10 year history.

As such we are prepared to take measures out with our usual protocols to ensure that this forum remains a friendly and active environment.

We're not finger pointing - this is a message for all who frequent our community.

Use it wisely and use it correctly or find yourself on the outside unable to look in.

Play nice folks. Life's too short.

I have to read that where’s my hat book most nights :D

• Haha 1