Ceramic Coating Anyone?

JimF

I've recently bought a car that the previously 'detailing fan' owner ceramic coated (told by the dealer).

Now I'm looking to debadge it (simple stick on badges, no pins) and I'm concerned that it will leave behind an image of the badges once the ars removed as that area has not been ceramic coated.

Can I buff this out? The car is black if that makes a difference.

First thing I'd try and establish is whether it's actually coated or not. Quick wash will tell you that, massive difference between a waxed car and a coated one.

Only way to tell if it'll leave a mark is to take them off and see. I agree with my learned friend above, probably going to need a polish regardless.

Hmm right. Bit tricky then. No info regarding specifics on the "when and what" for the ceramic. Could just be waxed but not sure. How would I tell the difference? You says there's a big difference between ceramic coated and waxed, but I don't have anything to compare it to.

when i detail a car i always give my car a good DA'ing to get all the swirls out but you can apply some swirl fillers such as prima amigo or poorboys black hole before hand. with ceramics such as gyeon an carpro cquarts there forgiving to the novice on the application an removal side an are pritty decent products aswell. i swear by the cquarts as the longevity is about a year an it does exactly what it says on the box an you get alot of product for the money

• 2 months later...

I would imagine there will be a patch left from the uncoated area underneath the badge, it would require the coating to be removed from the panel, if it was home applied, machine cutting would remove it, you can then reapply the coating.