New to the forum purchasing my 1st 350z !

Hi I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm purchasing my 1st 350z in the next coming weeks as soon as I find one that suits me

I have a budget of 7k which can increase if really needs be

So I'm hoping my budget will allow for a decent 350z looking for 06 onwards as I fancy the 296 bhp version however any advice on what model would be more desirable to me that my budget will allow is welcome !

I still need to do some research which I'll be doing now reading through the forum I! Starting to get excited about owning a 350z I can't wait !

Cheers

Adam

:wave:

£7k should get you a RevUp (296hp version). Might be able to find an HR (313hp version) for the money, but it will probably be a big trade off for condition and mileage.

Edited by Strudul

Thank you guys :) , yeah condition is everything to me I'd rather a great condition rev up than a ropey HR , I'd even have a mint condition early model if I can find one mileage dosent really concerned me to much depending on how well it's been serviced it's life , I hear these can do high mileage quite easily if they have been well maintained

Remember the 06 trades torque for hp.

Save the money, go for an older one and get a panel filter, plenum spacer and Uprev tune. My 03 made 298bhp and 280 odd ft/ib.

Just my opinion.

And welcome.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

Thank you guys :) , yeah condition is everything to me I'd rather a great condition rev up than a ropey HR , I'd even have a mint condition early model if I can find one mileage dosent really concerned me to much depending on how well it's been serviced it's life , I hear these can do high mileage quite easily if they have been well maintained

Hello and welcome :wave:

Maybe you would like to consider mine? My zed has excellent service history and well cared for throughout its life. Mine is up for sale, even though its a DE, you'll save some ££ (£200) yearly on road tax =) --> http://www.350z-uk.c...k-reduced-6799/

My build thread link is on my signature below =)

Edited by veeg33

Welcome along!

I would do what's been mentioned above and look for the best example you can find. Good service history etc..

A remap is only a few hundred pounds in the end so don't miss out on a mint example because you want the extra bit of power, because a few hours on a dyno and that's sorted!

Also if your set on a 06 onwards the only tiny negative is some people report oil usage as a niggle. Not a major issue but something to think on.

People with HR engines swear they are worth the money. For me the extra tax is a no. You can find the revup's just before the tax change if your lucky though, Best of both worlds.

That's is for all the replies much appreciated !

I think I'll have a good look around I'm not in a rush to buy one I prefer to take my time and find the right one for me

As for which model to go for it's going to be between already 06 car and a rev up my heart was set on a 06 onwards however I'd happily buy a pretty 06 one in good condition

Can you tune the non rev up to the same power levels as a genuine rev up ?

Again cheers for the welcomes!