Please considering visiting our Merchandise area and purchasing branded items as it helps to support this community and keep it free to use

Welcome to 350Z & 370Z UK

Welcome to the largest 350z & 370z community in the UK.
You are welcome to browse the forums as a Guest, however to get the full benefit we advice you register and create an account. It's quick and it's FREE!

Zeezeebaba

The EV problem.

156 posts in this topic

Oh and I'd take the lambo over the tesla, I mean just look at it and listen to it. 

But it doesn't take 45+ minutes for an A45 AMG to be able to do its pedestrian 0-60 time...

Incidentally, that is why an electric hot hatch won't be able to do sub 3 second launches. ;)

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

But it doesn't take 45+ minutes for an A45 AMG to be able to do its pedestrian 0-60 time...

Incidentally, that is why an electric hot hatch won't be able to do sub 3 second launches. ;)

No, but as someone hinted at earlier, the AMG owner better take 15 minutes to fully warm up their oil or their engine might go pop at some point :surrender:

Mechanical sympathy is different to physical ability though. ;)

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, ilogikal1 said:

You need to warm up the battery to do a sub 2.5 second 0-60 time, but any of the P AWD Tesla will do 3 second 0-60 times with no warm up. The 0.5 second drop in 0-60 time needs an extrapoential increase in energy.

The time it takes to engage 'insane' mode (3.1 second 0-60) on a P85D is the time it takes to press the button, and it works from a cold start - not that I tired it straight away on the road leading out of the dealership;).

Same drivetrain but in a car that weighs 800kg lighter would deliver some crazy levels of acceleration....providing Tesla don't do a Porsche and artificially limit performance of cheaper cars so not to upset the pecking order.

The 'P' variant of the Model 3 should be quite some car, am saving up for it already, just need to find a way to persuade my wife to drive the X instead.

Anyways I thought none of you are bothered about 0-60 times :).

Edited by gangzoom

On 16/08/2017 at 22:27, gangzoom said:

A P100D can out drag a Lamborghini Huracan, until you drive one of the 'P' car you simply don't cannot understand how quickly they launch. A45 AMG is like a 1.0 Nissan Micra in comparison. 

Not sure why you don't think a hot hatch can get to 60 in 3 seconds when a 2.5 ton 5 metre long Model S can do it in under 2.5. The Model 3 weighs 800kg less than a S, but has the same battery voltage as the P85D. The only reason it wouldn't be able to hit 60 in under 3 seconds will be related to marketing and Tesla not wanting to the cheaper 3 to upset the more expensive S - A bit like Porsche with the not wanting anything to upset the 911. 

As i said, if you are a traffic light hero or vin diesel you are going to be impressed by 0-60 times, the irony is, i doubt once in your ownership you have ever gone 0-60 so its utterly irrelevant, statistically or physically and that goes for ice or ev and if you do decide to floor it from every set of traffic lights, you arent going to get anywhere near your max range so you can put up your above video and claim a moral victory, but aside looks and noise, the Huracan will do that all day whilst you are still looking for the plug socket and please feel free to replicate what the nissan micra like a45 amg can do with something a little more interesting than a straight bit of boring tarmac in front of you and we will be seeing some more photos of written of Teslas.

Edited by Jetpilot