Exhaust

secretstar07979

I need to put a standard exhaust back on my 350z. Is this a complete system? I know it doesn't include the cat but I have a sport cat already installed. Will I need any other parts?

I currently have a single exit exhaust

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222528559439?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That is a midpipe and backbox. You'd require a y pipe which goes between the cats and mid pipe. Not sure if your current setup would have a y pipe that would fit that mid pipe.

Thank you for the offer but I've bought this one. I need to hope I've got the relevant Y pipe I guess otherwise I'll need to get one of those also. Is it likely I will have the standard Y pipe if I have an aftermarket single exit exhaust? I think someone told me I have sport cats installed?

Hm, actually, cancel that, got confused there for a minute. If you still have a PAIR of cats at the bottom of the downpipes (manifold), then assumedly you still have a Y pipe.

Edited by Aashenfox

By the way.....is the exhaust I've bought a standard factory fitted example?

Don't think so.

Looks too shiny and the wrong shape for a stock exhaust plus it says it's stainless (which the stock exhaust isn't). Can't see any branding, which is unusual unless it's an ebay zorst.

Edited by Strudul

SS, is there a pic of the twin you've bought that I'm not seeing? I'll tell you what it's a clone of if you want.

Strudul, you have to be a special kind of person to want to drive a Z with a single, one pipe means only one set of baffles, so they are ALL exceptionally loud from what I understand.

Edited by Aashenfox

It is exceptionally loud. Too loud.

The ISIS exhaust I have on it apparently fits quite a few cars so I'm going to sell it separately to offset the new twin one I've purchased.

I've only paid £60 for the new exhaust. It's basically just to make the car more "standard" and therefore more saleable really. (and quieter!)

Edited by secretstar07979

Ah, I didn't click on the ebay link as the way the op was phrased, I believed I would be looking at a single, my bad for not reading properly.

Edit: that's a scorpion half system or clone thereof. It is louder than stock, but since it's the resonated version, it's unlikely to affect the sale of the car, imo. It's exactly what most people want.

Edited by Aashenfox