Which engine have I been sent

z21

So after a couple of months of messing around, nearly three weeks after the original delivery date, an engine finally turned up.

Whilst the engine itself was the barest I've ever seen (they even removed the spark plugs and pulleys) the largest problem is that it isn't what it's supposed to be.

I ordered a revup and on comparison with the old engine, its obvious they aren't the same.

My question is as above, what exactly have I been sent?

I'm reluctant to part with this as it was an utter nightmare to get and it's obviously been rebuilt recently.

Am I right in thinking if it's a DE, with some ECU tinkering it should be ok, but if its a HR its game over?

Thanks in advance everyone

post-32471-0-02905500-1496778094_thumb.jpeg

post-32471-0-90727400-1496778094_thumb.jpeg

Personally I would be sending it back with a strongly worded letter - clearly the seller doesn't know what they are doing. Understand though that you just want to get your car up and running...

If you ever come to sell the car you are going to lose a pot of cash on it having to explain to people that you have an older engine in a newer car - as much as you can talk about rebuilds and the like most people given that they have hundreds for sale in the UK at any one time to choose from will likely walk away. It seems by accepting this you are taking a hit financially somewhere down the line for this companies lack of capability in supplying what you wanted.

• Like 1

Gave it some thought and I'm going to stick to my original plan of fitting a like for like revup engine and get a refund

As it turns out, on further inspection the engine was damaged anyway

After all, if you're going to do something take some time, spend the money and do it properly

Don't worry, I like to think I'm reasonably honest and after buying a few questionable cars in my youth, I couldn't mislead someone if i came to sell!

Edited by z21
  • Like 4

Gave it some thought and I'm going to stick to my original plan of fitting a like for like revup engine and get a refund

Personally I think that's for the best especially as you say with further inspection you've noticed some damage.

The REV UP motor isnt as good as the DE once the DE is tuned. The REV UP (sorry for REV UP owners ) wasnt something Nissan should shout about.

Brutal! REV UP owners confirmed worst of the bunch, on your bike! :stir:

Aw, I didn't have buyer remorse until now :headhurt: .

I'm going to start my own forum...with blackjack and revups :boxing: .

• Like 1

As it turns out, on further inspection the engine was damaged anyway

After all, if you're going to do something take some time, spend the money and do it properly

Don't worry, I like to think I'm reasonably honest and after buying a few questionable cars in my youth, I couldn't mislead someone if i came to sell!

That's right, as someone used to say 'Do it nice or do it twice'