Re-install decats?

Rupi

After a spot of advice...

I've just bought my first 350z, and it's come with de-cats fitted quite recently.

The EML is on due to the decats. I've heard mixed opinions on whether this can cause long term damage. Some say the engine is not running properly, others suggesting that the lamda sensor in the cats doesn't influence the engines fuelling etc?

I have the original cats (minus one sensor).

I'm debating between, remap as some have suggested previously, do nothing, or reinstall the cats...

Any help most welcome.

A remap does nothing? With other supporting modifications a remap makes a pretty clear difference to how the car feels when running. Many say a much smoother drive with improved power and torque delivery.

No you're not going to see a jump in BHP of 50 nor will you start smoking lambos, but a quality map on these is very much worth it. And any mapper, will be able to get it running perfectly with any of the normal modifications so no harm is being done to your engine, like running lean with decats ;)

A remap does nothing? With other supporting modifications a remap makes a pretty clear difference to how the car feels when running. Many say a much smoother drive with improved power and torque delivery.

No you're not going to see a jump in BHP of 50 nor will you start smoking lambos, but a quality map on these is very much worth it. And any mapper, will be able to get it running perfectly with any of the normal modifications so no harm is being done to your engine, like running lean with decats ;)

That's not what he said at all, read it again....

• Like 2

Been running decats with the eml on for nearly 3 years i think and that's with an uprev done haha doesn't harm the car at all just can't be bothered fixing the sensors.