2138 Fault Code

monkeybrain1234

Randomly car threw this code up this morning. 2138 - which is "Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor "

Which makes sense as when the light came on the Throttle would not go above 1,500rpm and was really weird. So it being confused makes sense.

Note: I have a D1 spec controller which is 3 years old but functioning absolutely fine ( I Think).

I have since reset the engine management light (Good old pedal dance) and all seems okay at the moment.

Is there anything you think I should check?

Edited by monkeybrain1234

I've had this issue with the same error code for around two years now. When starting the car it goes into limp mode and throws a 2138 code, but then restarts fine. It then runs fine until doing the same thing two to three months later.

I got Abbey to have a look and they cleaned the sensors I believe. This was in January. The car then did the same thing and threw the code the following day! So I cleared the code and it hasn't done this for around 5 months now. Fingers crossed it's sorted! Time will tell.

That may be of help.

Ed

I had the same problem, the connection between the accelerator pedal and the throttle controller isn't the best. I un-plugged it, closed the connections up with a small pick and re connected.

Haven't seen the light since then.

I think the pedal works between 0 and 5 volts so if there is any drop in voltage due to a poor connection it will flag the code up and go into limp home mode.

Hope this helps 👊