Now I get why SUVs are so popular....

gangzoom

A garage full of empty boxes post house move...

35088104045_9848d4e233_c.jpg

Not an issue for Model X, didn't even have to move the baby seat.

34701181760_421054f0f7_c.jpg

35088125695_f9cb7bc07c_c.jpg

Yes a van could have done the same, but the 15 mile B road detour I took back home from the recycling centre wouldn't have been any where near as fun!!

Can now fully see why SUVs are so popular with families. Having a 'weekend' car is all well and good idea but the reality is when you have weekend full of family duties time is precious. Having a car that can do the skip run, swimming club, but still put a smile on your face when you come across some twisty stuff is priceless :D

I know a few others on here have move over to 4x4/SUVs, hope your all enjoying the extra 'utility' these cars offer.

Our mark 1 Focus (god rest its soul) was astonishing in terms of stuff you could get in the back with the seats down - we got a 7 tier chest of drawers in there, baby changing units, mattress etc!

Our mark 1 Focus (god rest its soul) was astonishing in terms of stuff you could get in the back with the seats down - we got a 7 tier chest of drawers in there, baby changing units, mattress etc!

I did the same thing with the old FN2 Civic Type R I had. With the seats down in the rear it was surprising how much you could get in it but still it did have it's limitations.

Only just got my 6ft tall metal cabinet in it and that was after I had dismantled it, ...drilling out rivets etc to make it more or less a flat pack. ;)

I did the same thing with the old FN2 Civic Type R I had. With the seats down in the rear it was surprising how much you could get in it but still it did have it's limitations.

Only just got my 6ft tall metal cabinet in it and that was after I had dismantled it, ...drilling out rivets etc to make it more or less a flat pack. ;)

I've spent much of the last few weeks using my Civic as a van while moving house, its incredibly practical :yawn: :yawn:

• Like 1

I remember the days when I manged to pack my entire life into a base specced Renault 5, on top of the twin 12" base speaker cabinet in the boot, and have it still able to move at motorway speeds (just) !

That was back during my pre-clinical rotation, though. Don't think it would work these days, the amount of crap I've seemed to have accumulated in the garage :teeth:

Meh, i'd rather make 20 trips in the Z :)

Although, we do have a Kuga but I only use that to taxi the Mrs and her drunk mates to and from town :)

I thought i was just me that had to do this :lol:

Anything for a quiet night, or save them up for a lads day session and rocking up at 7am the next day :)

• Like 1

Real men burn their cardboard and drive coupes!

;)

The man has an EV, he won't burn it :lol: .

If I tried to burn that lot in the garden I'll probably end up setting fire to the trees and than the house, and if the fire gets to the battery pack on the Tesla than there would be on massive fireworks show for everyone down the street :)

• Like 2