London Attacks

sipar69

If it got to that stage, lets just deploy the armed forces onto the streets, thats what they have trained and are paid to do.

There was a lady who was ex military on LBC the other day and she was discussing this. Her opinion was that the military is there to fight wars and trained to kill, not police the country.

Who knows what we can do. It's a right 2 and 8, this country!

If it got to that stage, lets just deploy the armed forces onto the streets, thats what they have trained and are paid to do.

There was a lady who was ex military on LBC the other day and she was discussing this. Her opinion was that the military is there to fight wars and trained to kill, not police the country.

Who knows what we can do. It's a right 2 and 8, this country!

Totally agree with you/her if by Military on the streets you're/we're talking about "Martial Law".

Fair comments, some would say we are war though and seeing as we are not officially involved in any other, we might as well enlist their help imho (should it come to that), much like during the ira era.

Much like the IRA though ISIS are an enemy force that for the most part you cannot see until they attack.

Thank goodness they don't seem to have access to explosives and military grade weapons like the IRA did as otherwise the attacks in London & other places around the UK would have been so much worth. I fear though that day is coming with ISIS.

It's an offensive idea. All that would happen is that they'd still be considered martyrs and the West would be (rightly) despised by ALL Muslims, leading to further extremism. I'm sorry to be so abrupt, but it's possibly the single most ridiculous idea I've heard.

Also, any sources to prove that funeral companies are refusing to handle the bodies? Sounds like made up internet to me.

^ And that's why nobody would go for it. :lol:

Be as abrupt as you like, if I was king of the world, things would be pretty different around here. ;) No doubt you all think you're lucky I'm not, but are you? I guess we'll never know. :)

I don't really give a toss who'd be offended, it's just a dead body, no different from a steak, and I mean that whether it's the body of a jihadi or a relative, it's just a dead shell, to any reasonable non-religious person it means nothing, so if everyone was reasonable non-religious, we would be able to take advantage of their religious beliefs to use it as a deterrent. Also, if it's the most ridiculous idea you've ever heard, you must have been born last thursday. Sensationalist language aside, what you're saying is that people are too sensitive, there's that polictical correctness again. Don't get me wrong, I know it's not practical. Wish there was some way we could hit them where it hurts though. They have such an upper hand.

Edited by Aashenfox

Scary and sad times!

Maybe I'm being overly paranoid but I feel genuinely unsafe traveling to and from work at the minute. I take the train from Newcastle to Birmingham new street every Monday at peek times and the reverse Journey on the Friday.

It's not just me feeling this way though, it's obvious, the paranoia can be saw and felt in the stations and on the train itself, it's a horrible feeling. Can't help but feel like a complete sitting duck. Unarmed and completely helpless if anything was to happen.

In my opinion it's only a matter of time before we see vigilantly groups and the general public arming themselves if these attacks don't subside.

Edit - There's consistently three Armed police officers in the Birmingham station, Newcastle has two unarmed coppers with radios at the entrance. Can't help but laugh to myself quietly and wonder WTF they are supposed to do in the event of anything kicking off.

Surely a bigger armed police presence would be a step forward in deterring the more low level attacks.

Edited by nowhereboy

It's an offensive idea. All that would happen is that they'd still be considered martyrs and the West would be (rightly) despised by ALL Muslims, leading to further extremism. I'm sorry to be so abrupt, but it's possibly the single most ridiculous idea I've heard.

Also, any sources to prove that funeral companies are refusing to handle the bodies? Sounds like made up internet to me.

Most ridiculous idea. HA HA. that's ridiculous in itself .... and no not made up internet. Do some research

Suicide bomber Salman Abedi, who killed 22 people and injured over a hundred more in the Manchester Arena attack last week, will never be buried or cremated in Greater Manchester, local authorities insist.

City officials said they will do “everything in their power†to stop Abedi, 22, from being buried, cremated or laid to rest in Manchester, according to the Daily Mail.

Abedi’s body is currently being kept in a morgue outside the city, the Manchester Evening News (MEN) reports, and has not been kept in proximity with the remains of his 22 victims.

• Like 1

The nightmare scenario is that ISIS manage to get someone to miniaturise a nuke and get it here inside a rucksack, undetected.

Not gonna happen. One of the main reasons they are getting away with stuff more than before is because they are being very clever in how they are Recruiting, and engaging their supporters. There's no financial trail for the intelligence services to track.

They are either internet led information cells or done in rare occasions, face to face but underground to avoid being noticed.

N Korea have been throwing their entire countries resources at miniturisation and still havent cracked it - if it were to come from anyone it would be a nuclear ready country and there aren't that many of them about, there would be some very clear and obvious implications if one did go off. In terms of miniturisation its not like they are the size of a packet of fags, its still probably as big as a person from what I have seen of images of one, its not like you could pop it into a handbag and press a little red button...

Most ridiculous idea. HA HA. that's ridiculous in itself .... and no not made up internet. Do some research

It's not down to me to prove your sources for you. If you make a claim, then you have to back it up. Which you've now done (kinda, usually easier to post the links like this or like this, although seeing as how neither state an official line at all merely a 'source', I'm still not convinced as there is a legal responsibility to get rid of a body that falls to the local authority so will be done at some point), so thank you.

Can you not see how feeding a Muslim to pigs might offend other Muslims at all? And can you not see just why that would make us no better than IS?

N Korea have been throwing their entire countries resources at miniturisation and still havent cracked it - if it were to come from anyone it would be a nuclear ready country and there aren't that many of them about, there would be some very clear and obvious implications if one did go off. In terms of miniturisation its not like they are the size of a packet of fags, its still probably as big as a person from what I have seen of images of one, its not like you could pop it into a handbag and press a little red button...

Yep, a 'suitcase' nuke, as they are called, are very large suitcases, the kind you see speakers coming out of at rock concerts, but that's a fission bomb that could level half a city. Dirty bombs that could be almost as destructive over a longer period of time could be much smaller, plus they are easier to make.

I think a dirty radioactive bomb is a real danger.

Absolutely, it would be easier to do damage with chemical weapons - but either way that sort of destructive power is going to run a pretty high risk of being picked up before it gets anywhere.

• Like 1

Can you not see how feeding a Muslim to pigs might offend other Muslims at all? And can you not see just why that would make us no better than IS?

I have admitted that while I do believe it could be effective at achieving the goal of making some of them think twice, I don't think it's practical either, so let's just say I'm playing Devil's Advocate here...

Why would muslims be offended by ANY treatment of a dead body of someone whom they claim to despise, who is 'not part of our islam'? To the moderate Islamic community, an islamic extremist is much worse than any infidel, I think if you took a poll amongst moderate muslims, you'd be surprised how many would support the idea because they too have had enough being tarred with the same brush as the extremists. I might be wrong though.

Edited by Aashenfox

Why would muslims be offended by ANY treatment of a dead body of someone whom they claim to despise, who is 'not part of our islam'? To the moderate Islamic community, an islamic extremist is much worse than any infidel, I think if you took a poll amongst moderate muslims, you'd be surprised how many would support the idea because they too have had enough being tarred with the same brush as the extremists. I might be wrong though.

It's one thing to despise someone and say they're not a true Muslim, but it's another to cheer on authorities desecrating a corpse of someone who follows the same Magic Book Of Sky Fairies as you do. Even if the sensible Muslims are happy about it, the ones sitting on the fence won't be and then you push them to create more terrorists.