London Attacks

sipar69

Its alright guys I'm sure another round of hashtags and Facebook profile pics will definitely work this time, nothing tells ISIS we wont be defeated like a bunch of social media snowflakes! (not aimed at this thread of course, just the inevitable twitter/facebook fallout). :shrug:

Edited by Sargara
  • Like 3

I wonder why the Police decided to shoot to kill rather than just shoot to neutralise threat, like legs.

Would having the terrorists alive not help getting more information and intelligence about the plot and the possible network behind it?

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN
  • Like 1

I wonder why the Police decided to shoot to kill rather than just shoot to neutralise threat, like legs.

Would having the terrorists alive not help getting more information and intelligence about the plot and the possible network behind it?

As far as I know there is no such thing as shooting to neutralise in law enforcement - if a trigger is pulled, the aim is at the center of mass (chest) to minimise chance of missing. Aiming for legs would be nearly impossible, and there would be stray bullets flying down streets.

Also at least one of them was wearing a fake bomb belt.

Edited by colesl4w

as per Colesl4w - this not a PS4 shootemup where you have time to "accurately" aim for certain bodyparts

Terrible news.....again! i am wondering just how long its going to be before big city police all carry guns 24/7, and there will be a call to shoot suspected terrorists on sight, serious detective work,vigilance and no quarter is the only thing that going to work on these scum!

The three terrorists should be given to the pigs to eat. Video it. Would be humiliating and difficult for there own to class them as martyrs if this was done

Because that wouldn't encourage more attacks at all, would it?

You do realise that sinking to their level makes us no better, right?

• Like 1

I worry that there is a very high likelihood of more and more over the next few weeks. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would imagine that something like this carries momentum as other twats see the 'success' and want in on the action. I see the van used was an hourly rental van. There's literally nothing to stop someone going down tonight, renting one and doing the same thing again, to have their name plastered all over the globe.

As far as I know there is no such thing as shooting to neutralise in law enforcement - if a trigger is pulled, the aim is at the center of mass (chest) to minimise chance of missing. Aiming for legs would be nearly impossible, and there would be stray bullets flying down streets.

Also at least one of them was wearing a fake bomb belt.

Exactly.

There is only shooting to stop the threat which is done as mentioned by aiming for centre mass.

Ideally the Police shoot to incapacitate the aggressor/attacker which happens when physical or mental inability to continue the attack/threat happens which is generally why the term "shoot to stop the threat" is used. They're not trying to kill people more incapacitate that person.

I'm not going to go into this in anymore detail but needless to say shooting in the legs or arm etc to stop a "bad guy" is purely Hollywood fiction. Even if someone was shot in the leg in an attempt to wound rather than kill they could very easily die within minutes if the femoral artery was struck (plus it wouldn't immediately stop the threat so they might still blow themselves up/shoot others etc).

Not to forget that any Firearms Police Officer shooting in a live fire scenario will be under a great deal of stress, adrenaline and more (regardless of their excellent training & physical condition) so even if it was viable aiming for small body parts on moving targets would be almost impossible to do accurately even when using a rifle.

On one side, if they shoot it incapacitate then it falls on the tax payer to pay for them within jail.

On the other side they aren't the taxpayers problem anymore and we can forget about them. However they did want to die and we gave them what they wanted.

How I see it? There will be more, and I don't want the tax payer footing the bill. Shoot to kill. Or shoot to incapacitate and then public execution (which isn't going to happen nowadays).

Shame public exection was outlawed to be honest. I'd certainly sign a petition to bring it back.

The three terrorists should be given to the pigs to eat. Video it. Would be humiliating and difficult for there own to class them as martyrs if this was done

When it comes to law I would love if the government put each individual case down to public vote. See what the majority want to happen. Have a phone app.

Like X-Factor but for criminals? :lol:;)

Seriously though I do agree with you that we shouldn't be paying for these criminals & terrorists to live in jail.

• Like 1

When it comes to law I would love if the government put each individual case down to public vote. See what the majority want to happen. Have a phone app.

Like X-Factor but for criminals? :lol:;)

Seriously though I do agree with you that we shouldn't be paying for these criminals & terrorists to live in jail.

Not forgetting the hundreds of thousands in legal aid and the million plus on court case costs and appeals.

The cost of keeping them in prison pales into insignificance in comparison to the huge sums of money elements the legal profession are earning defending them.

Edited by leonk
  • Like 2

Shoot to kill, no brainer in this case. Three terrorists who have killed and maimed carrying foot long blades and what appeared to be explosive vests. The threat assessment on the ground at the time warranted no other response.

• Like 1