Let's talk torqen torque!

m4nn13

Just picked up a set of 25/30 spacers on the group buy and been speaking to a chap who's gonna pop these on for me with his tools rather than me battling with the cars spare tyre kit. He asked if there's a certain torque setting to be used for the spacers, a quick.scan through here and Google and looks like they are to be torqued to 80 ft/lb the same as the stock wheels and then checked soon after followed by regular checks when doing tyre pressure, oil etc. Some people have gone to 90 for extra security but just wanted some feedback from people with them.on already if possible.

Edited by m4nn13

Depending on the brand of spacer you are fitting you may find that you will have to remove the wheel to recheck the torque of the spacer nuts.

Torque settings will also depend on what brand of spacer you are fitting, so best talk to your supplier, however your numbers will not be far off.

Did mine to 90 I think and haven't had any issues. Even if they do come lose, they can't fall off.

Please explain how they can't fall off

"Can't" might be a bit of an exaggeration.

However, since the wheel is in the way, the nuts attached the the hub studs have little to no space to loosen off. In order for any of them to come off, they would all have to come off.

Say a nut loosens a quarter turn. Before it can physically go any further, the other 4 nuts have to loosen a quarter turn. A nut can then loosen another quarter turn, and so on.

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

Cool, that convets to 83.34 ft/lb so will go for that and check after a few miles.

Should be getting them on tomorrow evening so will do some before/after pics and get them up asap.