Getting 350Z soon - tips?

OK, so my lad is taking his driving test next week, hopefully he passes, then he gets to use my everday car and I get to have a toy again!! Perfect excuse to get a 350Z which I have fancied for 10 years or so. Started to look - I've only got around £5000 to spend. What do you reckon guys? A younger car with higher mileage or older with less? Also thinking of going for an Auto, because a) I have become lazy in my old age 2) Less likely to have been ragged?.. But any advice gratefully received, they were my only thoughts. There seem to be a fair few examples on the Autotrader that fit the bill, but some general advice would be great. Looking forward to getting behind the wheel of a beast, the closest I got to this in the past was an Opel Manta GTE. That was fun but really scary, back in the day. Cheers!

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

If it's an automatic you want then you're going to be looking at JDM import cars then as they didn't have any UK autos AFAIK.

Only 5 available on Autotrader but tbf 4 of them are within your budget: http://www.autotrade...ssion=Automatic

Personally I'd go for a manual UK version, ...not too bothered about age or mileage per se as condition and service history (how it's been looked after) are much more important imho.

350Z service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.c...ule-for-a-350z/

Buyers guide here: http://www.350z-uk.c...rs-guide-fixes/

:thumbs:

Hello and welcome.

I do a fair bit of town driving and I've just gone from an auto Subaru Legacy to a manual 350z. The auto was great but the manual is great too. Without ever having driven an auto zed, I'm sure you'd enjoy either car :)

Wow - thanks for the replies, I'm afraid veeg33 my budget is already a bit of a stretch - nice motor though !! Good luck selling.. Thanks for the links and opinions.. good shout about the Service History and condition.. Hopefully in a month's time........ B)

• Like 1

Condition over age/miles if you are using it as a weekend runabout and going in with a low budget. Don't be too frightened of imports, as long as they have been in the country a while, have a good service history and are undersealed etc nowt wrong with them. Just check their spec list as in Japan they had multiple versions whereas here it was GT or Non GT and that was it. The cars are lazy in terms of performance themselves, you could pull away in third and drive up to 70mph without changing gear if you like :lol: but seriously they are torquey cars so you can be a lot more lazy with gear changes, otherwise you are looking at doing a fair bit of trawling about all over the country to find a decent auto for that budget.

If I was looking for a zed I'd certainly be looking for a forum members car with alot of history on the OC of maintenance etc.

If budget is tight the last thing you want is to be having to shell out a grand here and there on clutch/flywheel, zorst, discs/pads, damn....even tyres will easily set you back a few bob on a zed.

The zed can appear to be a bargain but an unloved one can cost you alot in maintenance.