Track day safety - Helmet/Hans etc

marzman

Thanks for the positive answers, as there seems to be a bit of interest here, over the next week or so I'll put something more comprehensive together in a separate thread.

For now I'll cover the following points, but if anyone would like information on a specific subject area please let me know and I'll put a few bits together.

-Helmets (more detail than previous post)

-HANS (more detail than previous post)

-Race Suits, nomex underwear, boots and gloves

-Seats

-Belts

-Roll cages

I work at Brands Hatch and spend the majority of my life at race tracks so I'm available to discuss specific questions by phone or in person.

• Like 2

Thanks for the positive answers, as there seems to be a bit of interest here, over the next week or so I'll put something more comprehensive together in a separate thread.

For now I'll cover the following points, but if anyone would like information on a specific subject area please let me know and I'll put a few bits together.

-Helmets (more detail than previous post)

-HANS (more detail than previous post)

-Race Suits, nomex underwear, boots and gloves

-Seats

-Belts

-Roll cages

I work at Brands Hatch and spend the majority of my life at race tracks so I'm available to discuss specific questions by phone or in person.

Sounds like a great idea. :clap:

Z21 - Fantastic posts. :clap:

On another note... does anyone want to buy an Rx8... i'm starting to have second thoughts. :console:

Some great info :)

Oh no, whats wrong with the 8?

...nothing. But i now feel like i should spend about £2k on safety gear before i let loose in it :lol::blush:

I am still of the opinion that you are safer at a trackday than on the road and we all jump in road cars without a thought for helmets, harness etc etc I am not dismissing track day safety by any means, but not having harness's, cages etc would not stop me going out.

• Like 2

The only thing you need on a track is a helmet. Everything else is a nice to have.

I don't wear harnesses in a track car because they make me feel safe, I wear them because it lets me connect with the chassis much better. I wear gloves so my hands don't slip, and I wear boots so I get better feel from the pedals.