decat and scorpion exhaust

martinh55

Hi

I currently have a scorpion half system on the 350z the rest of the exhaust system is stock it was sound checked at 76db at my last drift day. I currently have a set of Japspeed unsilenced de cats knocking about in the shed. Does anybody on here run this set up or a similar set up? As i want to stick the de cats on but don't want to push it above the 105db mark as every drift day is doing sound checks now. Can any body tell me any db figures for their similar set ups or this set up?

Cheers

I'd guess you'll be okay.

The quote below is from a thread I wrote where I'd done a track day at Castle Combe in my old 2003 supercharged 350Z that was running 436Bhp@fly using the below mentioned exhaust set up.

Oh and my car with the Invidia Gemini exhaust system & Berks De-Cats registered 92dB @4.5K rpm from 0.5metre which passed the sound regulations but when I came in after being on track I was told I had registered 101dB as I drove by the pit lane so was told it was too loud. :nono:

They re-checked it and when I revved above 5K rpm it was close on 105/7dB from 0.5metre away. Luckily I only wanted to go on the once.

I'd guess your Zed if it's just going to be running Japspeed De-Cats, OEM Y-pipe/centre? with a Scorpion centre?/rear box and your targets under 105dB you should be fine.

Could always buy your own dB meter to check for yourself as well. ;)

£15 here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DecentGadget-Digital-Monitor-Decibel-Pressure/dp/B00ERQC7Y0