2003 import rough idle issues

StevoD

Right so at teeside today I finished a run and come off throttle and the engine struggled to idle

Got back to the pits and it idles at like 500rpm on 5.5 cylinders

With maf removed it runs just as lump but at 1000rpm

We unplugged each coil pack one by one it made no difference in how it idles

No codes present

Any ideas?

I see you have a plenum spacer fitted. Make sure all the bolts are nipped up and there are no loose ones.

Then spray a can of carb cleaner all over the throttle butterfly.

Other than that is sounds ok apart from the obvious struggle as the revs drop low.

just to add after shooting them videos and having a little rev it sat at around 700 rpm for about 10-20 minutes without dropping in RPM, Oddly the RPM drop when AC is turned on which is not what it used to do they used to raise a little.

and although its idle speed is stable it still seems a bit unbalanced and the exhaust seems aweful poppy/rumbley than before but that might be me stressing out

Why when ever i get a fault it seems to be one nobody has ever had before i dont know :lol:

Edited by StevoD

I had really rough idle at like 500rpm sounding like it would stall out, fine when driving. Ended up unplugging battery, cleaning throttle body out & then re-fitting it all. Runs perfectly since.

• Like 1