modification help!

GeorgeW

But who pays for the state-funded insurance? We do, via higher taxes which only get paid by those that can afford it, therefore perpetuating the vicious circle of those who can't afford it not paying into the system.

Besides, not fair to make everyone pay for state-funded insurance when not everyone drives.

Instead we could have some form of state funded group, a force if you like, whose sole job it is to enforce laws. Laws like not driving without insurance, for example, thus reducing the number of unlawful drivers on the road and with it, risk to insurance companies.

I know, I'm a dreamer.

I've always pondered what is a mod vs a replacement? IE I have a true dual invidia exhaust exhaust with berk HFCs, I got it when my OEm exhaust was blowing and my cats had corroded, yes it's an upgrade but it's also considerably cheaper than a stock replacement, is that a mod? Same with discs the Nissan OEM ones are silly money, my replacements happen to be slotted and grooved but again cheaper than OEM and better quality. If I ever do my body kit I'll be declaring that but the aforementioned don't seem like mods? Should I list my uprated droplinks too? :p

The above is true, in the first year of ownership Sainsbury had the best price for me but they added £45 for a stainless steel exhaust, reason, change of ........... tone.

I've always pondered what is a mod vs a replacement? IE I have a true dual invidia exhaust exhaust with berk HFCs, I got it when my OEm exhaust was blowing and my cats had corroded, yes it's an upgrade but it's also considerably cheaper than a stock replacement, is that a mod? Same with discs the Nissan OEM ones are silly money, my replacements happen to be slotted and grooved but again cheaper than OEM and better quality. If I ever do my body kit I'll be declaring that but the aforementioned don't seem like mods? Should I list my uprated droplinks too? :p

It depends on reasonableness of knowledge. Old Doris may get Kwik Fit to for non-OEM discs and not declare, but as a car enthusiast you are expected to know that fitting better discs is indeed a modification and should declare it.

Besides, not fair to make everyone pay for state-funded insurance when not everyone drives.

Not everyone send their children to state funded schools, so whys that fair?

I dont disagree though, but at least you would be able to make a claim on "their" insurance rather than not receiving a penny if one hit you now, or worse and someone was seriously injured, it would be no consolation to you if you were off work for a year and they had been banged up for no insurance.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have settled with Adrian flux this year, £420 paid monthly isn't too bad, all mods declared. I have had it cheaper on a previous 350z but with it being a 06 and increasing insurance costs etc it's not bad, better than the 800 Sky wanted for auto renewal 😒