Nurburgring 19th - 21st May 2017

Leosille

So this was my third trip to the Ring, my first trip was with Bennett, good times!

Second trip was in my GT86 if any of you remember it? I did 9 laps in total and it was a whole different ball game going from passenger to driver. I certainly didn't explore the talents or limits of the 86 unfortunately, I was happy doing my laps and just getting home safe!

Myself and the Ring master Bennett

racetracker_2063333_40861_zpsxihuvvtt.jpg

I bought my M135i in January, I got home around 1am and then swapped my GT86 over to the M135i and was on Brands Hatch in the morning.

XSP_4632_zpswqanw3et.jpg

Summary from Brands:

The car has to be in 'sport +' mode otherwise traction control just cuts in all the time

The car suffers highly from understeer

The outside tyre edge wears a lot faster than the rest of the tyre

The auto box IMO is fantastic I believe it isn't far off from the E92 M3 DCT

There is a lot of body roll

The standard brakes are brilliant if you actually get on them hard, didn't feel the standard pads faded badly

Straight line pace leaves a lot of people phased and feeling upset

Third Ring Trip

image2_zps7mpmc2a8.jpg

IMG_5559_zpsf3wn30oj.jpg

Again at Nurburgring I had the same comments as Brands Hatch but I pushed a little harder than I did in my GT86 around 70% and in 12 laps I achieved a few under 8 minutes BTG laps. I believe I would of been consistently under if there wasn't so many crashes and yellow flags, there is a lot of drivers who do not seem to use their mirrors on the track. I do get upset with some of them lol so excuse any moaning in my video! This is a reasonable lap but the perception of speed is eliminated from this view, I set up the GoPro and then the view must of not saved which I found out when returning home. For anyone that knows the track at 'Schwedenkreuz' the car was good for 155mph when it was clear but on one of my laps I'm not sure what happened but as you go over the crest before turning into the left bend before Aremberg the car seemed to be shotputted across and I ended up on the grass which was pretty scary but I managed to control it thankfully!

I've already booked to go back from September 30th-3rd October, not sure if there are any BMW fans here, I'm after some advice on upgrades again I've been looking at suspension etc but any track enthusiasts please share all, sounds silly but I really want to get the fastest M135i BTG :roll:

Any people interested in going when I am please let me know more the merrier!

• 2 weeks later...

My cousin and his friend were also at the ring on the 20th and unfortunately were involved in a severe accident. You likely heard about it because the ring was shut for several hours as a result.

Their car flipped at Schwedenkreuz and my cousin, in the passenger seat, lost his life.

So I'm issuing a warning /plea - please wear a helmet on the ring and be careful at Schwedenkreuz, as you've already found out it can be quite dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there a few weeks ago in my M3.

You did a sub 8 min? You don't mean a sub 9 do you?

Really quick nonetheless, i think i was low 9 mark. Wasn't really pushing too hard because of temps and also needed to get home in one piece.

Do you have any mods on your 135i?

Edited by wizard