08 HR Build

m4nn13

So after less than a week, a small pallet turned up at my work.....

EbMcPZu.jpg

lJDVohS.jpg

X4VJ6ly.jpg

Amazing service from @Tarmac@TarmacSportz and I've also picked up some poorboys sealent and the Muteki bolts to fit. 

Just need the tyres and can then try them out for a few days to make sure they are all ok, then put them back into storage for winter :lol:

Edited by m4nn13
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lumby101 said:

Cant wait to see how this wheels look mate!

Me neither mate! :teeth:

My gut feeling is once they are on I'll need to lower the car to get the most out of them. Not extreme, maybe just a few mm, but i've never seen these in the flesh on a car or fitted anything like this style in the past so I'm taking a gamble on it.

Either way, they will be on for testing soon and then off again for the winter. Come next summer hopefully the fitment etc will all be sorted! :thumbs:

Ok, so arrived at Tweeks this morning, unloaded the 4 new Jr's and handed over the keys.

Up she goes......

BMmu1PT.jpg

And a little later on.....

ksGtMUQ.jpg

And back on her bed.....

pJ0lhbv.jpg

Very happy with them, there isn't a massive difference in how the car feels weight wise and the new Falken FK510 seem to be doing their thing, so all in all a very good day! Just need to look at dropping her height a little and that'll be the next stage complete!

Edited by m4nn13

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 13:44, davies700 said:

great start on your build thread looks really good B)

Thanks mate, its a little daunting as all the parts are considerably more expensive than my last car but enjoying it all the same! 

Ok so after chatting with a nice chap on facebook he "quickly knocked together" this for me so I can visualise my next couple of changes, for a quick job I think it looks epic!

Current Rear:

vxtxRdA.png

New Rear:

XPxbUmH.jpg

This includes a rear wiper delete, a bumper tuck and lowering.

A couple of things I need to check:

* Will the rear wiper delete result in MOT failures?

* Will the bumper tuck be safe with some zip ties?

* What suspension to go with, should I go to coilovers or stick with lowering springs?

The car won't be tracked but will be driven on UK roads so need to survive the endless potholes etc and have the odd spirited drive over the weekend! I also don't want to spend a few hundred quid on springs to only then spend a few more hundred quid in a year or so on coilovers.

Also have my first child on the way in March so plan to get as much done to the car and garage as possible before then so the Wife can't nag at me once the little one is here :lol:.

Edited by m4nn13

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I'm aware rear wiper is one of those MOT items that if present it needs to work/be in good condition as many cars don't have them - I imagine that'll depend on tester though as you could argue if there's a switch for it, it should be there.

For as low in that pic.. on our roads, I'd be looking at an air kit or leaving it standard! 

Love the profile on the rear tyres, proper meaty, I'd leave it at that height. These things are low enough already. 

Personally would forget the bumper tuck too, if you had a single exit then fair enough otherwise it just shows.. nothing really, diff? Not like some honda with flashy tie bars to show

• Like 1

Cheers for the feedback - I'm still going for the drop as I think it would be the difference from it looking nice to looking seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexy but I know what you mean about them being low already, most people who sit in it say how low it is!

As for the bumper tuck I'm 50/50 on it so I  think I'll have to do it and see (can always switch back easy enough), but I think your the only person who's said to not do it most advise to as it's got an ark grip system so there's loads of shiny pipes underneath to show off! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:31, Ben–350Z said:

Car looks awesome - really liking those wheels.

I've actually been talking to Tarmac about getting a set… Just wondering what tyre sizes you're running, and is that with 5mm spacers as has been suggested to me?

Hi Mate, sorry I've only just seen this message!

I honestly can't remember the tyre size, i'll try and dig out the paperwork and let you know later on, If I remember @Tarmac@TarmacSportz had one set of these going cheapo but they might have been all silver? 

Ok so after what seems like endless hunting finally settled on a set of BC BR Coliovers from Chris @Tarmac@TarmacSportz along with a couple of other bits and pieces to keep everything nice & new. Got to get a price for fitting and it will likely be either Tuned UK or Demon Tweeks depending on price (lucky I'm not far from either of them)! :teeth:

So once they are on, i'll also look at the bumper tuck & wiper delete, then report bac to y'all :thumbs:

2g.jpg

Edited by m4nn13

1 hour ago, m4nn13 said:

Ok so after what seems like endless hunting finally settled on a set of BC BR Coliovers from Chris @Tarmac@TarmacSportz along with a couple of other bits and pieces to keep everything nice & new. Got to get a price for fitting and it will likely be either Tuned UK or Demon Tweeks depending on price (lucky I'm not far from either of them)! :teeth:

So once they are on, i'll also look at the bumper tuck & wiper delete, then report bac to y'all :thumbs:

2g.jpg

good choice on coilovers, have you thought about fitting them yourself?

may sound daft but its really not difficult on 350z's, plus theres plenty of youtube videos that might give you the help you need.

plus it saves money for more aftermarket bits! 

Edited by alistair

Fitting coilovers is easier than fitting lowering springs, it's literally suspension part off new suspension part on. 

Prior to that is setting preload which can be done indoors in the warm, then once fitted the ride height adjustment which can take longer than the installation itself. 

What spring rate did you go for? 

22 hours ago, alistair said:

good choice on coilovers, have you thought about fitting them yourself?

may sound daft but its really not difficult on 350z's, plus theres plenty of youtube videos that might give you the help you need.

plus it saves money for more aftermarket bits! 

I haven't, I've booked in to have the lot done with Tuned UK in Chester. I wouldn't have all the tools for DIY and with a little baby due in March won't have the time or money for fixing it if there was something wrong so I decided to play it safe on this one! However I might sit alongside and watch just so I know for the future what's involved / how to do it. 

19 hours ago, davey_83 said:

What spring rate did you go for? 

I'll be honest when I ordered them I didn't know there were different rates, so I don't know! But I'm sure @Tarmac@TarmacSportz will have kept me in safe hands!  

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so after handing over to Tuned UK she now looks ALOT better!

46gtEQL.jpg

2EXpspc.jpg

UkBFEdt.png

GLZYlpg.png

In the process of fitting these they noticed that the exhaust had come loose slightly and was banging the underside and that the rear left bearing has gone! Needless to say new part on the way from @Adrian@TORQEN and they'l fix up that loose section while replacing the bearing. Can't believe how much better it looks and certainly feels tighter in the corners now!

Edited by m4nn13
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...