08 HR Build

m4nn13

Decided to treat the Zed to a full clean and underseal this week. Dropped her off at Tuned UK in Chester and picked her up the next day. The car was a bit grotty underneath but nothing compared to some cars he has worked on aparantly, so that made me feel better knowing it wasnt a complete rotbox to start with! managed to get a few pics from.him through the process but on collection completely forgot to take one of the whole car, but i'm sure you'll get the idea:

received_241629389881497.jpeg

received_257689568413013.jpeg

received_662046624176370.jpeg

20180909_153239.jpg

Screenshot_20180904-135019_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20180904-135024_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20180904-135032_Messenger.jpg

Edited by m4nn13
  • Like 1

I do need to replace the W brace but he cleaned it up so i can atleast get another year or so out if it. Have to say the work was brilliant and he got into as many small areas as possible swith a mix of wet gloop painted on and some areas sprayed.

Snapchat-827774441.jpg

Snapchat-650214995.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 05/05/2019 at 20:50, m4nn13 said:

Been a while, small update .......

IMG_20190503_192832_290.jpg

Well they look like d9r work wheels in gt silver!!! 

They are are the same wheels I’ve had in my driftworks basket for 2 months lol! What fitment you go for? 18x9.5 et23? Can’t wait to see how they look!!!

Edited by da.murf

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:03, da.murf said:

Well they look like d9r work wheels in gt silver!!! 

They are are the same wheels I’ve had in my driftworks basket for 2 months lol! What fitment you go for? 18x9.5 et23? Can’t wait to see how they look!!!

Ha! I was the same mate had them in for ages "umming and arrhing" over them!

The Works are:

Front - 18 x 9.5 et12

Rear - 18 x 10.5 et15

Current setup for my JR6's is:

Front - 18 x 9.5 et22

Rear - 18 x 10.5 et25

So if my maths adds up (and Driftworks are on the ball) the wheels should poke out 10mm more, so i'll have to either have a little stretch on the tyres, or a little extra camber (currently about 1 degree) or raise the car a tad, or a bit of all, but none of this overstretched over camber crap I still want to drive the car lol!

Either way Tuned UK will be having a look and working out what would be best, then i'll get some rubber ordered and hopefully have them on in a few weeks.

Also need to see if the current lugs will fit, or if i'm gonna splash on some nice work ones  :teeth: and the same with the air valves :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2019 at 20:19, m4nn13 said:

Wiper removed, spray nozzle removed, 350z badge removed, new "Z" badges en route from @Tarmac@TarmacSportz so will pop them on next week.

FB_IMG_1558293629479.jpg

I like the clean look at the back!! much trouble removing wiper and where did you get the bunge? looked at a few but never happy with the sizing lol 

19 hours ago, da.murf said:

I like the clean look at the back!! much trouble removing wiper and where did you get the bunge? looked at a few but never happy with the sizing lol 

Wiper was easy, the interior trim was also surprisingly easy but the washer at the top was a right bugger to get out lol!

This was the guide I followed: 

The pack I got was from a chap on Facebook but the top bung was too small so popped to Halfords & got a bigger one. Also picked up a primer, paint & lacquer spray to spray the boot lid bung. Doesn't match perfectly but it's close enough for me. :teeth:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the tyres took a lifetime to arrive after the courier lost them :rant:but eventually got everything to Tuned UK in Chester. Fronts went on a dream, rears not so much!  :wacko:Needed to cut the arches a little and add another 2 degrees of camber

IMG_20190705_212355.jpgspan widgetspan widget

So chuffed with them!

They are however rubbing a tiny bit on higher speed sharp turns so going back to have another mm shaved off the arches or have them rolled a tad or have the rear coil overs tightened a bit. Or all 3! Either way it looks and drives great bar the little bit of rubbing. 

Need to make sure they are off for winter though can't be doing with lacquer peel and corrosion on these beauty's! Been quoted 150 to have them ceramic coated so may well go for this. 

Treated myself to a little doodle of my car, its from "modified artworks" on Facebook and if you want one doing mention "Tom with the silver 350z" and he may be able to do you a deal depending on what sort of thing you want doing. 

received_895511640781827.jpeg

received_390244978285547.jpeg

received_402432917025978.jpeg

Edited by m4nn13

14 hours ago, m4nn13 said:

So chuffed with them!

They are however rubbing a tiny bit on higher speed sharp turns so going back to have another mm shaved off the arches or have them rolled a tad or have the rear coil overs tightened a bit. Or all 3! Either way it looks and drives great bar the little bit of rubbing. 

Need to make sure they are off for winter though can't be doing with lacquer peel and corrosion on these beauty's! Been quoted 150 to have them ceramic coated so may well go for this. 

They look awesome mate. Do you think the rubbing is down to the offset rather than the width? Also what tires you running?

the drawing looks awesome btw. Such a clean looking car!!

On 11/07/2019 at 10:03, da.murf said:

They look awesome mate. Do you think the rubbing is down to the offset rather than the width? Also what tires you running?

the drawing looks awesome btw. Such a clean looking car!!

Cheers mate the drawing is epic can't wait to get it framed and on the wall! 

Yea the fitment is down to the offset. It's just that tiny bit too pokey! 

I wanted to push it to the limit with the offset as I much prefer a flush/poke fitment to a tucked one but looks like I over pushed slightly! Good news is the car is drivable just need to be a little careful on certain corners etc until we get the arches cut or rolled a little more. 

11 hours ago, m4nn13 said:

Cheers mate the drawing is epic can't wait to get it framed and on the wall! 

Yea the fitment is down to the offset. It's just that tiny bit too pokey! 

I wanted to push it to the limit with the offset as I much prefer a flush/poke fitment to a tucked one but looks like I over pushed slightly! Good news is the car is drivable just need to be a little careful on certain corners etc until we get the arches cut or rolled a little more. 

The wheels and poke look great, little fettling and the drivability will be back. 

As as I mentioned before I’ve been humming and ha’in over these for a while but your photos have confirmed I need them in my life lol (in Northern Ireland so no probs about ending up parked beside each other at a meet lol) 

ive been looking at lots of tires and options what did you go for yourself? I’m assuming a bit more stretch than what I’m thinking cause of the offset? (I’m going et23 all round with 9.5 fronts and 10.5 rears)