08 HR Build

m4nn13

Evening all!

So I bought my awesome car earlier this year and I absolutely love it, but had to do some tinkering to make it a bit more "my car".

Zeebhsn.jpg

So on the car when I bought it:

Tinted rear and quarter windows

Ark Grip Exhaust

Stubby Aerial

Weighted gear knob

Tonneau Boot Divide

Since then I've added:

K&N Panel Filters

Brushed Aluminium Slam Panel

Bride Lanyard & custom lucky dice/card charm

Bayamax Car Buddy

On order are some 25/30mm spacers from Torquen to go on stock forged rays.

Also purchased some G35 spats from Tarmac a few months back but returned due to having no luck finding a bodyshop to spray & fit them without difficulties!

Pics will follow, but om just wondering what to do next. I'm thinking about new wheels & lowering but not sure which way round to approach, if wheels or suspension should come first. And also not sure if coilovers are needed or springs would be ok. I do enjoy a frequent spirited drive but don't think i'll be tracking the car.

Looks wise, what can I say I Love the big kits and shiny bits so may well revisit the spats in the future or even go all out on a full kit but will have to see!

Edited by m4nn13
  • Like 2

...and I wouldnt park on such a steep hill either ;)

You have no idea how many goes i had at getting up there - used some of the birdturd my car collects to stick it there in the end :teeth:

• Like 1

depends how classy you're wanting to keep it. I take a more "Less is more" approach to styling. For the cost of a set of Tein S techs i'd drop it slightly on those and see how you feel. On stock spaced rays i think it'll sit perfect with a nice reduction in arch gap.

I agree. Esp since you have spacers on order. I'd lower first with the spacers before looking at replacement wheels. Zippypoos does great facelift wrapped reflectors, you can find them on the member traders section. Its a nice tidy car you got there though.

• Like 1

Sounds good to me, maybe i'll try that first and if it's still not what I'm going for can sell the spacers and look for alternative wheels. So you think springs are a better choice over coils at this stage? Or are tein s techs coilys not springs? (Working at the mo so can't look)!!!

Stock RAYS are good wheels. They aren't the prettiest, or the widest, but nowt to sniff at. Maybe just get them powder coated to taste?

Don't think coilovers are worth the extra cost unless you will see track time.

Tein springs are just springs, though for the front wheels you will slide them over the existing shocks.

s-l300.jpg

Edited by Strudul

Aren't those spacers too big? I thought 22/25 was max for these wheels.

25/30 is fine and probably the best fitment. Some people go even wider, but then it's pushing the limits of the law.

If lowering 30mm+, then with 25/30 spacers, you'll want to roll your arches to avoid any chance of scraping. With 20/25, this isn't necessary, hence they are a more common choice.

Aren't those spacers too big? I thought 22/25 was max for these wheels.

I thought that but Torqen and a few others assured me it was fine. If I decide I want it lower i'll just switch the 30mm to a 25 or something instead (if there's any rubbing issues from the 30mm). Might even go for complete new wheels later in the year in which case i'll likely need to get rid of spacers completely but will.see what happens with these first. Edited by m4nn13

• 2 months later...

Ok so brief update, been looking at new wheels for what feels like a lifetime but finally settled on a set of these:

o2QvUc3.jpg

Big thanks to Chris @Tarmac@TarmacSportz for helping me out, I've never bought aftermarket wheels so was really venturing into the unknown! Very happy that I had someone like him to advise on what fitment and extra bits I need!

They should be here next week and i hope to get them on before the end of the year (need to get some tyres first) so will take a pic once they are on and give them a quick test run before popping them off and into hibernation for the winter!

Edited by m4nn13
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, m4nn13 said:

Ok so brief update, been looking at new wheels for what feels like a lifetime but finally settled on a set of these:

o2QvUc3.jpg

Big thanks to Chris @Tarmac@TarmacSportz for helping me out, I've never bought aftermarket wheels so was really venturing into the unknown! Very happy that I had someone like him to advise on what fitment and extra bits of need!

They should be here next week and i hope to get them on before the end of the year (need to get some tyres first) so will take a pic once they are on and give them a quick test run before popping them off and into hibernation for the winter!

those wheels are nice

Edited by valy