Flip Paint Respray

Hi All,

Sold my zed last year but missing it loads and seriously considering looking around for another. It will be a few months yet as I need to sort funds, but I'd like to get one that I can do up and one of the things I've always fancied is getting a respray done using a flip paint. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally love it.

Couple of questions really.

1. Can anyone recommend a good bodyshop that could do this type of respray? I'm in Somerset, but I don't mind travelling a bit further a field. Obviously somewhere close to me would be ideal, but I'll happily travel a bit further if I have too, to make sure I get a good quality job done.

2. I'm under no illusions that it will be quite pricey, but just roughly, any thoughts on what it would cost?

Thanks.

You learn something new every day.

I knew you could dip small items, but I didn't know you could dip an entire car. Definitely worth looking into though considering the price difference.

Thanks JetPilot and valy, I thought the cost would be around 5k or more. Will have to look into Flip Vinyls too and compare prices.

The last time I looked into respraying a car was about 12/13 years ago when I owned a Toyota Supra MK4. Back then car wrapping, dipping and all these other advancements weren't really on the radar. It's only now that I've been thinking about it again that I'm aware of the additional options that are now available. I said when I first joined the forum that I was a bit of a late starter when it came to cars and modding. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not that clued up on these things. I get garages to fit all my mods, etc as I'm crap at doing it myself.