Sh#t Magnet

m4nn13

Had a massive one all over my headlight the other week and it had seeped through the gaps and coated the inside :(

God that's grim lol! I had some green mossy/mould stuff in mine so got a toothbrush in there and gave it a good clean out, rather that than birdturd lol!

Hahaha it's so funny you should post this!

I was cleaning my car a few days back and as I was drying her off a bird shat all over the front of my car! Only benefit was that because it was juicy and fresh it came off nice and easy, but it's the first time I've ever had a bird drop it's guts over my car while cleaning or drying it!

Genuinely think they aim for the clean cars though!

• Like 1

I had actually finished cleaning and drying off my car a few weeks ago too, when I went back inside to get tyre black and came back out and a big artistic splatter right across the bonnet!

Just as this happened guests arrived at my house and I got told off by o/h for ignoring them lol

• Like 1

I get loads of little brown spots caused by some sort of insect. I'm guessing it's some sort of excretion they are like miniature bird droppings.

I think they are attracted to the wax I use.

As for bird droppings the seagulls love my nice shiny car, they probably think it's a body of water from above.

I get loads of little brown spots caused by some sort of insect. I'm guessing it's some sort of excretion they are like miniature bird droppings.

I think they are attracted to the wax I use.

As for bird droppings the seagulls love my nice shiny car, they probably think it's a body of water from above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could be honey bees. When we kept bees they used to crap on my car. Small orangey brown spots that smear when you wash them off ? Harmless but annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Murder would be done. I make my own kids open and close the doors touching only the handles :lol:

Not sure how else you'd open the door ;)

As for closing, I usually just employ the self-closing feature of the Z doors - Get out, start walking off, doors self-close, lock it, don't even look back like a total badass... then obviously look back a few times cos it's a Z :happy:

• Like 2

Murder would be done. I make my own kids open and close the doors touching only the handles :lol:

Not sure how else you'd open the door ;)

As for closing, I usually just employ the self-closing feature of the Z doors - Get out, start walking off, doors self-close, lock it, don't even look back like a total badass... then obviously look back a few times cos it's a Z :happy:

That whole looking back a few times because it's a Z. 100% spot on, I do it every time I walk away, a look of fondness for the ride she just gave me :)

im sure there is a dash of, 'yeah it's mine' in there to...

• Like 1

I DONT BELIEVE IT! :rant:

I just came back in from lunch and looked at my car - nice and clean & shiny.

Literally 2mins later my colleague said "that was a good shot - look.........."

ALL OVER IT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How to Bird-Proof Your Car

Many birds poop while flying. There are many different ways to encourage them to avoid your vehicle.

• Take a few old compact discs—four is enough—and make a tetrahedron or pyramid shaped structure with them. Make sure the CDs reflective sides are facing out. The sun will reflect off these surfaces.

• Take some cloth and hot glue it around a magnet and then glue the magnet to the bottom of the pyramid. When you get out of your car, place this structure on top of your car. (The cloth will keep the magnet from scratching the paint on your car.)

• The magnet must be strong enough to hold through the wind. A stereo speaker magnet works well.

• If you want to get fancy, make a small shaft so the tetrahedron can rotate and spin.

This structure will keep the birds away from the area because of the shifting of the light. These little contraptions can serve the same function around pools and decks, too.

How to Bird-Proof Your Car

Many birds poop while flying. There are many different ways to encourage them to avoid your vehicle.

• Take a few old compact discs—four is enough—and make a tetrahedron or pyramid shaped structure with them. Make sure the CDs reflective sides are facing out. The sun will reflect off these surfaces.

• Take some cloth and hot glue it around a magnet and then glue the magnet to the bottom of the pyramid. When you get out of your car, place this structure on top of your car. (The cloth will keep the magnet from scratching the paint on your car.)

• The magnet must be strong enough to hold through the wind. A stereo speaker magnet works well.

• If you want to get fancy, make a small shaft so the tetrahedron can rotate and spin.

This structure will keep the birds away from the area because of the shifting of the light. These little contraptions can serve the same function around pools and decks, too.

................. And I was going to spend the bank holiday drinking rum and having bbq's - now I'm making the BirdTurd Blocker!

• Like 2

Seagulls are the worst, especially up where I work. There is a McDonald's close by and the seagulls and crows eat leftover fast food. They even get it out from the bins.

This combination leads to monstrous sized bird splatters all over nearby cars. Oozing with uric acid etching its way through the clear coat on your car.

There are two 'types' if you will of bird lime stains.

Stain etching and more serious fractured /wrinkled etching. Have a look below.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/30535-how-long-does-take-bird-dropping-etch-paint.html

If you happen to be unfortunate enough to have this happen to you for the most part, these can be removed with a good polish light heat from a heat gun or hair dryer (not too close as you will burn the paint).

If this fails or you have fractured/ wrinkled etching you need to break out the big guns. In most cases it's fubared, however you can sometimes get off with sanding using 3000 grit and polishing the surface back up. With fractured etching there's a good chance you will go through the clear coat before its completely gone. Bird lime really does eat in deep.

I'm pretty sure heat accelerates the etching, so make sure you wash your cars off before it bakes on!!

Hope I haven't terrified you all

• Like 1

=Snip=

I'm pretty sure heat accelerates the etching, so make sure you wash your cars off before it bakes on!!

Hope I haven't terrified you all

Suitably terrified to wash, polish and wax the car every 10 minutes after the previous wash, polish and wax. Just to be sure like.... :)

Edited by Willsy1980

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha i get it too...I asked someone why and was told birds are more likely to take a dump over something that looks like water...mines gun metal...i get bird splatters over it all the time! Maybe get some wet and dry and take the gloss of your roof! :scare: