3D Printed Cup Holders

Jake.Lowther

MOD EDIT: Welcome along to our newest member trader :thumbs:

So firstly I'd like to say hi all, this being my first of many threads.

As some of you Zed owners I'm sure have experienced the frustration when having people in your car, both of you have a drink weather that be a bottle of water or a can of coke there's only one cup holder.

Well after countless times of getting on my nerves I finally decided to do something about it, so I jumped on my computer chucked together a quick design after taking some measurements of the cubby behind the handbrake and this is what I came up with.

Any thoughts or interest in these I can reproduce them?

Unpainted £12.50 not including postage (which in the U.K. I can't imagine it costing more than a few quid)

Painted black £20 ( Note: these can be printed in black or a number of other colours but since it's a 3D model the surface has layer lines) I will upload a picture once I'm home to show the layer lines.

Waiting List:

1. Willsy1980 Painted Black - No rush wait till the list fills up so you can do a run of them.

Added to the list the rubber inserts I can only print in black or white unfortunately due to there not being a wide selection of TPU colours in 3D printing silver isn't something I can print in. You can't really spray the flexy part either since it's going to be constantly flexing due to drink going in and out of the holder.

The 'bottom' of the cubby with the Bluetooth mount in is a false floor. It pulls out and the actual bottom is underneath it the same as in a non BT equipped car. Might help drop the cup holder down so you don't catch the bottle with your elbow?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Added to the list the rubber inserts I can only print in black or white unfortunately due to there not being a wide selection of TPU colours in 3D printing silver isn't something I can print in. You can't really spray the flexy part either since it's going to be constantly flexing due to drink going in and out of the holder.

White for the rubber inserts is fine :)

The 'bottom' of the cubby with the Bluetooth mount in is a false floor. It pulls out and the actual bottom is underneath it the same as in a non BT equipped car. Might help drop the cup holder down so you don't catch the bottle with your elbow?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'll have a look at my Z after work to see how far I can go down unless you've got a pic?

White for the rubber inserts is fine :)

On it, I have the white flexy TPU material and black and white solid PLA material in stock, I've ordered some black TPE for Rob350 should come any day now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...