3D Printed Cup Holders

Jake.Lowther

MOD EDIT: Welcome along to our newest member trader :thumbs:

So firstly I'd like to say hi all, this being my first of many threads.

As some of you Zed owners I'm sure have experienced the frustration when having people in your car, both of you have a drink weather that be a bottle of water or a can of coke there's only one cup holder.

Well after countless times of getting on my nerves I finally decided to do something about it, so I jumped on my computer chucked together a quick design after taking some measurements of the cubby behind the handbrake and this is what I came up with.

Any thoughts or interest in these I can reproduce them?

Unpainted £12.50 not including (sale £12.50 + free postage) postage (Postage to mainland U.K. Free)

Note: Not offering painted ones anymore it takes me too much time to sand and smooth each one and spray them.

Waiting List:

1. Willsy1980 Painted Black

2. Rob 350 - Painted black

RenderedContent-1A56D267-D862-46C4-A7E4-BE5020E9820F.JPG

RenderedContent-F8083135-12A4-433B-88F0-42509195BA47.JPG

RenderedContent-8BE077C6-F94B-4F08-B893-88A53851DDC7.JPG

Edited by Jake.Lowther
  • Like 1

They were available on jdm cars (well some), so might be worth enquiring with Nissan on a price first before you go to too much trouble, although sure you can probably make them cheaper.

It only took around 30minutes to design, and about 5 hours to print on the printer. If people are interested I will improve the grip design to it clicks into place instead of super gluing it.

I can print in numerous colours as well, as you can see from the pics about it was printed in yellow and then sprayed.

Even though this was a prototype model.

Edited by Jake.Lowther

How much for one of those ?

I'd buy one.

Unpainted £12.50 not including postage (which in the U.K. I can't imagine it costing more than a few quid)

Painted black £20 ( Note: these can be printed in black or a number of other colours but since it's a 3D model the surface has layer lines) I will upload a picture once I'm home to show the layer lines.

• Like 1

I'll have one.... when will they be ready?? Haha... I like the black with the silver ring

The rings are in white flexible TPU material, I'll upload pics of what 3D printed items looks like without sanding and smoothing and spraying so you can make your mind up on what sort of finish you'd like.

I'll have one.... when will they be ready?? Haha... I like the black with the silver ring

The rings are in white flexible TPU material, I'll upload pics of what 3D printed items looks like without sanding and smoothing and spraying so you can make your mind up on what sort of finish you'd like.

Price sounds reasonable - but silver ring would look more at home with the stock cabin that white.

I'd be interested in the sprayed version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doesn't the cubby have some lugs at the front of the box for the nissan cupholder to locate onto?

Excuse the dirt ;) but it doesn't look like it, that black bracket was the Bluetooth adapter socket which has to be removed to fit this in.

There are two holes at the front just before the CD holder possibly for this? I personally wanted the holder at the rear of the cubby so drinks don't hit your elbow when resting or changing gear.

post-32098-0-51251600-1495713665_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jake.Lowther

Price sounds reasonable - but silver ring would look more at home with the stock cabin that white.

I'd be interested in the sprayed version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to silver I've looked online and can't find any silver TPU for my printer, not sure if there are any flexible spray paints. You don't have to have the inserts in they just help hold things a bit better.

Edited by Jake.Lowther

doesn't the cubby have some lugs at the front of the box for the nissan cupholder to locate onto?

Excuse the dirt ;) but it doesn't look like it, that black bracket was the Bluetooth adapter socket which has to be removed to fit this in.

There are two holes at the front just before the CD holder possibly for this? I personally wanted the holder at the rear of the cubby so drinks don't hit your elbow when resting or changing gear.

is that a CD holder? well i never knew?

anyway, someone was selling a JDM one on here a while back.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/110280-jdm-centre-consul-cup-holder/

it does hook on the front lugs, however, i definitely get your reasoning for locating at the back of the cubby, I'm defnitely interested in one...although i'll have to clear mine out!!

is that a CD holder? well i never knew?

anyway, someone was selling a JDM one on here a while back.

http://www.350z-uk.c...sul-cup-holder/

it does hook on the front lugs, however, i definitely get your reasoning for locating at the back of the cubby, I'm defnitely interested in one...although i'll have to clear mine out!!

The more you know :p

And even at the very back of the compartment numerous times having a drink in the drivers side and ripping the handbrake up quickly my elbow tends to clip the top of the drinks bottle, that might just be me. :lol:

Just a thought as well to make it look a lot cleaner and more natural I could change up the design a bit to cover that old mount for the bluetooth connector and make it fit into the lugs as said above, also I could then wrap it in some sort of felt similar to what the cubby is covered in now. This will take a lot more time material and obviously cost more but for those of you who have minor OCD and like everything perfect this is an option, when I get a free moment I'll chuck a prototype together to see what it looks like.

I've also got some plans such as designing and printing gauge surrounds for the door air vents. I'm also going to give some custom badges a go on the outside of the car. When you sand and spray plastic parts they look like any other part you can't even tell they've been 3D printed :D

Also I'm going to make a list in the OP of people who are interested and people who have brought one will make it easier to keep track of everything.

Edited by Jake.Lowther

The Magners can made me laugh. :lol: hmm.. yes! now i can drink and drive without spilling it on the leather! :stir:

Hehe I was drinking the cider at the time and knew that it was a standard size can so plopped it in the hole and it fit perfectly :p

you can legally drink and drive as long as you don't have more than one ;) it's not something I would condone though.

• Like 1

The Magners can made me laugh. :lol: hmm.. yes! now i can drink and drive without spilling it on the leather! :stir:

Hehe I was drinking the cider at the time and knew that it was a standard size can so plopped it in the hole and it fit perfectly :p

you can legally drink and drive as long as you don't have more than one ;) it's not something I would condone though.

Unless you are in Scotland ;)

• Like 1

Unless you are in Scotland ;)

Scots don't drive do they, I thought they just rode sheep everywhere :lol:

• Like 1

MOD EDIT: Welcome along to our newest member trader :thumbs:

So firstly I'd like to say hi all, this being my first of many threads.

As some of you Zed owners I'm sure have experienced the frustration when having people in your car, both of you have a drink weather that be a bottle of water or a can of coke there's only one cup holder.

Well after countless times of getting on my nerves I finally decided to do something about it, so I jumped on my computer chucked together a quick design after taking some measurements of the cubby behind the handbrake and this is what I came up with.

Any thoughts or interest in these I can reproduce them?

Unpainted £12.50 not including postage (which in the U.K. I can't imagine it costing more than a few quid)

Painted black £20 ( Note: these can be printed in black or a number of other colours but since it's a 3D model the surface has layer lines) I will upload a picture once I'm home to show the layer lines.

Waiting List:

1. Willsy1980 Painted Black - No rush wait till the list fills up so you can do a run of them.

Edited by Willsy1980