Another 350z clutch thread

bencider

I've searched this topic alot.. Before I did the work and after .. Can't seem to find the correct answer..

My clutch was working fine.. It used to stick when hot.

So whilst I'm doing a ton of work on my car I thought best to change slave and the rubber line for a braided one.

I have swapped the slave and line.. Bled the system as the manual states and I get no air bubbles so all good.

Trouble is now the peddle on comes up half way..

Was perfectly fine before.. And appears the bleeding went well.. No air etc. So I'm a bit confused., unless this buggered the master in the process?

Could be two things:

1. You've not bled it enough. These things are an absolute bugger to do.

2. The master is gone. Mine was after I changed my slave, and given the cost of the job is in the labour it's why I tell everyone to change both slave and master at the same time.

Either not bled properly or the master cylinder is gone.

The common practice is that when you replace the clutch and slave, you should replace the master cylinder as well as it will fail pretty soon on most occasions.

If it deems to be the slave, we have these in stock, both Tilton and Wilwood ones:

https://www.torqen.uk/174-ancillaries

Hope it's not the slave adrian as I just got it from you haha..

Thanks chaps.. Haven't changed clutch..

Pretty annoying this is.... OK . Do you sell rebuild kits or do I need a new master cylinder

Edited by bencider

These guys know what they're saying buddy, these cars are notoriously difficult to bleed, found that out myself the hard way. Have you adjusted the pedal movement? Doing this might allow you to bleed the system easier as its letting more fluid pass

Think my slave cylinder is on it's last leg's, had a p3 service only a few weeks ago and had the fluid changed 2weeks later it started to play up on me.

Seeing as i intend to keep the zed for a few yrs i'm thinking of going for the heavy duty master cylinder and slave.

Edited by Midmonster

Think my slave cylinder is on it's last leg's, had a p3 service only a few weeks ago and had the fluid changed 2weeks later it started to play up on me.

Seeing as i intend to keep the zed for a few yrs i'm thinking of going for the heavy duty master cylinder and slave.

As said previously just bleed it properly and you should be all good.

At the worst swop out the slave and the rubber hose for a braided one.

Guess that when they changed the fluid they did not bleed properly.

Edited by ZMANALEX

I will have a go at bleeding it myself a few times and see what happens.

the fresh fluid has already turned brown again with in a few weeks, was going to just go for the slave/braided line but thought why not go the hole hog lol

Edited by Midmonster