Cat to Y pipe bolts

bencider

Can't seem to find a definitive answer. I want to remove the Y pipe from the cats.. The bolts won't undo for toffee... Mine is a 55 DE.

My question is if I cut the bolts off on the Y pipe side and remove the Y pipe.. Can I then nock the bolts out of the cats with a hammer..? Was not sure if they are threaded into the cats or just pressed in.

Thanks

Can't seem to find a definitive answer. I want to remove the Y pipe from the cats.. The bolts won't undo for toffee... Mine is a 55 DE.

My question is if I cut the bolts off on the Y pipe side and remove the Y pipe.. Can I then nock the bolts out of the cats with a hammer..? Was not sure if they are threaded into the cats or just pressed in.

Thanks

Yes you can. :D

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Just done mine not so long ago, mine was original cats and y pipe.

The heads was welded onto the flange and the studs are serrated into the flange (just to make it even harder). The nuts was badly corroded so the only choice was to grind them off, and slightly cut into the flange to break the welds, heat them up a lot!! And finally knock them out. Not a job for on your back on the drive way. Being honest it's and b.... of a job and time consuming so don't think you can do it In a hour. Really not nice and best of luck ðŸ™ðŸ™