Nitrous Oxide Vq35de

Snjur

Hi

Well to pick up info's and systems arrangements if someone has used this on Vq35de, recommendations etc.

I'm think of installing it on my car and to be honest I have never been interested in it before.

Only reason I'm looking is to be competitive at 1/4 mile events.

For the rest car is boosted and I really have no need for more power. Suits my needs perfectly as twin turbo

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Edited by Snjur

I used to run a 75 shot, with good Torque gains of around 55-60. But for the sake of going faster I'd suggest FI (used SC maybe) or loosing car weight. Either way you're constrained by the limitations on a stock block. You also need to ask yourself 'where do I stop with increasing power?'.

I used to run a 75 shot, with good Torque gains of around 55-60. But for the sake of going faster I'd suggest FI (used SC maybe) or loosing car weight. Either way you're constrained by the limitations on a stock block. You also need to ask yourself 'where do I stop with increasing power?'.

Car is boosted. I have a Greddy Twin Turbo with TD06-20G turbines. Bit old fashion turbine technology to get the best out of this setup.

Engine is forged and I'm on 650 bhp and 700 Nm of torque which for my needs and driving is more than enough.

Since I have Haltech up with all the goodies like LC and flat shift I'm after a simplest solution to keep car competitive for 1/4 events.

Eventually yes upgrading turbines with billet compressor and increasing exhaust casing might do the trick with bit more aggressive cams and push me over 700 bhp but really for now can't justify or need again major works on engine.

That's why I'm looking simplest way to boost already boosted performance

Edited by Snjur

I have run nitrous for many years on turbo charged and n/a engines , the beauty of nitrous on a turbo engine is the way it drops the intake temps, it will also help spool the turbos

Just helped a mate with his install and set up on his stock R33 GTST auto , it ran a 14.9 stock and within a few runs we had it down to 13.3 with only a very little bit of gas

Can the Haltech run the solenoids or will you run a standalone system ?

Personally I'd be temped to run a very simple single fogger set up wired via a clutch switch so that the nos comes in off the line , you will find even small hits like 25 hp will have a dramatic impact on your times

• Like 1

My fault I didn't look to see who posted, yes you're boosted already :lol: you're just being greedy for power now ha ha.

Keyser was running water meth with his NOS which was basically my old system. I guess depending on your limitations of the build you can squirt as much juice as you want. Being boosted makes a huge difference to the delivery of NOS and the gains are much better.

You will need to sort out NOS heaters and the likes of the associated gear. Keyser was also running the Haltech which of course can swap maps on the fly to deliver the juice.

• Like 2

I was thinking of WMI as well and buddy has done it on his single turbo Z and has only best words for it. But not my cup of tea. Just another thing to look after.

Haltech can manage Nos as well

So which setups systems to look for Z.

Which brands to go for preferably to buy them in UK.

I'm looking for around 200 bhp of NOS would be more than enough just to shoot 3 and 4 gear.

Basically some complete kit as I would like to have it to be as simple and oem look as possible

Edited by Snjur

I'm no nitrous expert, but I ran it on my ep3.

Wizards of nos are the guys to speak to. Sounds like your application needs expert advice. Message them. Or they have their own forum you should jump on there for information.

• Like 1

Buy a kit from the US , you'll save a fortune . My mate just bought a Nitrous Express kit and it was less than £500

200hp is a big hit you will likely find you will need much less than that, big hits like that come with a whole host of issues and you WILL burn up parts while you learn how to handle it

Buy a kit from the US , you'll save a fortune . My mate just bought a Nitrous Express kit and it was less than £500

200hp is a big hit you will likely find you will need much less than that, big hits like that come with a whole host of issues and you WILL burn up parts while you learn how to handle it

I'm looking UK as for now since you still haven't exited officially I don't have tax.

Purchasing from USA I have on total amount with shipping around 50% fees for customs etc. Just check the prices on Nitrous Express in reckon come to same after settling the fees

I have no clue on Nos but a lot of lads are here using it in figures from 150 to 200 bhp on various car plus a person who is doing tuning of ecu is one of 2 guys here in region in charge for SA tuning drift, hill, circuit 1/4 and so is very familiar with all this highly combustible fuels like methanol ethanol Nos....

Again I'm new into this so I haven't asked much around just testing water to see what's the best solution for me

Edited by Snjur

Yup I ran Wasso's old kit, I upgraded it a bit with bottle heaters and we added a Haltech ECU link from the Wizards of NOS controller for ignition remap when "on NOS" this was on a supercharged 350z with a fully built engine with better cams.

it was mapped on a 75 shot which gave about 50HP real world but the torque delivery was what made the difference for your application it would be great. Maybe go up to 100 or 150 shot the biggest problem is the stock ECU can not change maps on the fly so you either have to map it for NOS all the time (not so good when not using it) or get an ECU that can change maps

This is my dyno with the NOS set to fire at 3300RPM

504bhp.jpg

It's the torque that makes it Soooo much fun ;)

Yup I ran Wasso's old kit, I upgraded it a bit with bottle heaters and we added a Haltech ECU link from the Wizards of NOS controller for ignition remap when "on NOS" this was on a supercharged 350z with a fully built engine with better cams.

it was mapped on a 75 shot which gave about 50HP real world but the torque delivery was what made the difference for your application it would be great. Maybe go up to 100 or 150 shot the biggest problem is the stock ECU can not change maps on the fly so you either have to map it for NOS all the time (not so good when not using it) or get an ECU that can change maps

This is my dyno with the NOS set to fire at 3300RPM

504bhp.jpg

It's the torque that makes it Soooo much fun ;)

I'm on Haltech :D