New rims for the X??

gangzoom

3500 miles in and am thinking about some minor mods to the X. I will either get the current wheels refurbished to black or ger some aftermarket rims. Tempted also to slap on a front spolier, and get the rear one wrapped in mat black.....

Not sure though the baby seat will kinda of ruins the pimped up look, also cannot really run the suspension in very low mode all the time, my wife wouldn't be happy if my daughter comes home with her teeth shaken out due to a very bumpy ride :)

What do people think?

pearl-white-tesla-model-s-22-inch-wheels-mx5-gloss-black-2.jpg

For the full chav look you can even retrim the inside in red and slap on some gold rims...kinda of makes a bit of sick come up in my throat!!

t_sportline_model_x_p90d_02-1050x700.jpg

pearl-white-tesla-model-x-22-inch-wheels-mx5-ghost-gold-3.jpg

Edited by gangzoom

Leave it as it is, spend the money on a proper car instead ;)

Seriously though, I wouldn't bother. It's a family run-around, I don't think that kind of car lends itself towards anything like you're proposing particularly well at all.

• Like 2

I would agree with the above, its the family wagon, something about a silent running family car that has pimped wheels that would just shout chav at every moment. Stick to standard I would say.

Always makes me laugh seeing kitted out zafiras. Imagine a 4 hour road trip with the kids and dogs with a loud exhaust, firm ride and stereo that is either deafening or off. I know the x wouldn't go down that path per se though.

Edited by Jay84

Would only do cosmetic stuff if anything.

There's some nice Model S kits, so hopefully the Model X will get the same treatment in the future.

R-Zentric-Tesla-Model-S-Splash-Teslarati.jpg

unplugged-3-750x374.jpg

http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-s-gets-tuner-attention-unplugged-performance/

http://beforeitsnews.com/motor-junkies/2015/09/tesla-model-s-gt-aerokit-upgrade-the-futuristic-hot-rod-2518094.html

Sorry if I'm being a little naive here, but is there much in the way non-cosmetic modifications available for Teslas? :lol:

I think you should stick scissor doors on the front, massive wheels with tiny tyres on, slam it to the deck and neons everywhere. You can't make it look much worse after all. :stir:

;)

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm being a little naive here, but is there much in the way non-cosmetic modifications available for Teslas? :lol:

Not talking about FI :lol:

Air

BBK

Can also hack the s/w to boost performance.

Not talking about FI :lol:

Air

BBK

Can also hack the s/w to boost performance.

Fair enough, consider me educated. Not sure if I'm impressed that someone's bothered to develop such things or just worried though. After all I thought all Teslas did everything of ever from the factory.:lol:

PS, disappointed about the lack of FI options. ;)

• Like 1

t_sportline_model_x_p90d_02-1050x700.jpg

that looks great btw,don't really understand why many keep repeating stuff like get a real car or bring up the FI etc....as a family car it looks fantastic and a few mods will not ruin it ,great choice ,wish I can afford one ;)

Not easy but one guy in US has cracked the Tesla firmware, his retrofitted just about every part you can imagine, released info up and coming features buried in code - Tesla than tried to 'block' him with a remote software upload, he managed to stop the new software been loaded and put the who thing on Twitter, Elon Musk than had to make a statement about how he personally thought hacking was 'gift'

The stuff his done is pretty crazy, his show that the motors Tesla use can run consistently 550 WHP, given the virtually all cars now have TWO motors the performance potential is crazy........I'm certainly hoping more people start cracking the Tesla coding, bigger batteries, more motor power, enabling random features will all be coming down the line, just a matter of time :).

https://www.washingt...m=.7ad59f95a627

Edited by gangzoom

Looking at the car today, actually I think all you guys are right, it's hardly needs anything else doing to it for it to stand out in a car park :lol:

Will get the rim power coated at some point, even though mine has the 'smaller' alloys, the tyres are 275s on the back and 255 on the front!! Tesla do a 22inch version with 285s on the back.

33987766193_5e0a5e616d_c.jpg

"Hacking" is a little bit different to "modifying" though, isn't it. ;)

I still think you should go down the whole Tron route with the aesthetics though... :lol:

It's electrical / software modification rather than physical / mechanical modification. :bleh: