Replacements for MPSS... rears no more?

AMT

Ok so MPSS all round and next month I'll be looking to replace all 4 (joy..). Checked black circles and they only now have the front size but not the rears!

Now I know they'll be other places that have them but they do seem to be gettin sparce which could be an issue if I get a puncture that requires replacement and I struggle to get one.

So... I'm now considering a change but not sure what to do. Heard all the stuff about the new pilot 4s? (Whatever there called)... any siggestions.

EKONA/DAN..... lol

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

May have found an answer...

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/What-is-happening-to-the-Michelin-Pilot-Super-Sport.htm

Especially thos little bit from.Michellin

"In comparative testing in 18" sizes, Pilot Sport 4 outperforms the Pilot Super Sport in 99% of everyday situations, with the added benefit of 10-15% improved wear. The other 1% is on a dry track where the Pilot Super Sport would outperform the Pilot Sport 4 by a couple of tenths of a second around a long track".

I'll be moving from MPSS to MPS4 when my current rears are dead.

Dan I want to do the same my tyres are not done yet but are 5 years old

I see ps4s only do a 40 profile In a 20 i need 19 inch for my fronts

Will dropping to 35 be an issue

Edited by nissanman312

Dan I want to do the same my tyres are not done yet but are 5 years old

I see ps4s only do a 40 profile In a 20 i need 19 inch for my fronts

Will dropping to 35 be an issue

So what sizes are you intending on using front and rear?

Sorry for the hijack - on road how would the balance be on my 350z with MPSS on rear and MPS4 up front? At a guess I'm thinking​ just about perfect?.....

Nope, very very different compound construction, plus very different tread pattern. No better than mixing P Zero and RE050A, which depending on your comfort level is either a no-no or perfectly fine. I wouldn't.

• Like 1

I also note the new pilot sport 4's are cheaper than the MPSS slightly... good times lol I've read there is a MPS4 and a MPS4S.... I take it the MPS4's are fine and the ones to go for? I think I'll go for these bad boys see what there like. Longer lasting (apparently) and cheaper... win win hopefully

245/40/19 FRONT

275/35/19 REAR

That's stock wheels on my car however mps4s don't do the 40 profile on the front only a 35 unless a 20 inch wheel

Nick I think Will370z has just dropped his fronts down to a 35 to be able to get the MPS4s. Maybe worth a PM

245/40/19 FRONT

275/35/19 REAR

That's stock wheels on my car however mps4s don't do the 40 profile on the front only a 35 unless a 20 inch wheel

Nick I think Will370z has just dropped his fronts down to a 35 to be able to get the MPS4s. Maybe worth a PM

Good shout cheers mate

After lots of internet chat and also just a bit less online in certain sizes, I just watched an online review of the new Lexus LC.... which will come with MPSS?! They can't be gettin' rid of them if there supplying them for brand new car. (albeit it could be just for that car and some others but you get my point...)

They're still producing them for OEM, and will be contractually obligated to do so. However, there's no benefit for Lexus to insist on this as that's now an 'old' tyre and why wouldn't you want the latest and greatest on the car...

Let's not forget you can still buy new RE040s!

• Like 1

Ok so called up my place for fitting I've used for years. Quote me.for.some pilot sport 4 please.....certainly... fully fitted £790.... jeabus! Lol so even though its a dearer charge for fitment if you take the tyres to them, if I buy from black.circles all in fitted will be £609... which is dear as hell but certainly better than a direct purchase. 790... dear god lol

Edited by AMT

245/40/19 FRONT

275/35/19 REAR

Good shout cheers mate

Was very tempted but After advice from a few knowledgable people here I decided against dropping to 35s and went with another set of MPSS which will be fitted tomorrow

245/40/19 FRONT

275/35/19 REAR

Good shout cheers mate

After advice from a few knowledgable people here I decided against dropping to 35s and went with another set of MPSS

Aghh thanks for that

Can I ask what those reasons were?

245/40/19 FRONT

275/35/19 REAR

Good shout cheers mate

After advice from a few knowledgable people here I decided against dropping to 35s and went with another set of MPSS

Aghh thanks for that

Can I ask what those reasons were?

People I trust said they had tried the 35s and felt it impacted the feel / ride of the 370. Being a big fan of the MPSS I decided to stick with those even though the reviews of the MPS4S are better.

Just noticed the inside...unlike other tyres ive had there all rubber feeling and black....theres a funky texture feelin inside these, not sure why but wierd to touch lol

ec2b18fd77b3c649dd84c9ced5f3b8f0.jpg