Cheap Halfords Advanced socket set £10.62

That is cheap! and lifetime guarantee! good find :D

only issue is it that cheap you will be replacing it after every use :lol: :lol:

Quote me if I'm wrong but think it carries a lifetime guarantee.

I think his point was that it's a lot of faff and extra cost to keep trekking back to Halfords to get a replacement when it breaks ;)

• Like 1

That is cheap! and lifetime guarantee! good find :D

only issue is it that cheap you will be replacing it after every use :lol: :lol:

Quote me if I'm wrong but think it carries a lifetime guarantee.

I think his point was that it's a lot of faff and extra cost to keep trekking back to Halfords to get a replacement when it breaks ;)

Yup!

but still worth it for the small jobs I would say if you are on a budget :D

I'm not sure what that "Advanced" socket set is like but I've got a fair few Halfords "Professional" tools which haven't let me down yet.

True one of my favourite items is my 30 piece Halfords "Professional" screwdriver set so not a lot that could necessarily go wrong per se with that but I've also a 1/2" breaker bar and 1/2" Professional torque wrench with both items having probably over a decades worth of use with no sign of issues as yet. ;)

A lifetime guarantee on anything nowadays is always a good thing imho and fairly rare.

I got the 250 quid set for 90. Its nothing like the snap on stuff but I don't fix cars all day every day. For a career you buy snap on you buy once. For weekend tinkering that'll never let you down, the Halfords adbamced/pro stuff is perfect.

• Like 1

IIRC the lifetime guarantee covers not moving components.

So sockets and breaker bars are covered but ratchets aren't.

I've got the large pro set. Paid less than half price around 3 years ago. Used extensively and never let me down.

• Like 1

I got the 1/4" drive set a few years ago from the same range, and it's been brilliant, the only thing that has broken is the plastic clip that locks the case shut, and that was only because I dropped it!

• Like 1

Just popped down & bought this myself, great price.

Le mans prep continues & they also had a collapsible washing up bowl down from £20 to £7, Mrs K delighted with her present!!!

I've got the large pro set. Paid less than half price around 3 years ago. Used extensively and never let me down.

All components are now covered :thumbs:

• Like 2

Odd you mentioning this. I have the 200 piece set Halfords Advanced, and the small ratchet went on me, took it back and they said it excluded moving parts. Also told me I needed to produce my original receipt.

Last night when I saw this ad, it prompted me to email Halfords about this. This morning I got a response from their customer care team, who have contacted my local branch and advised them they were wrong to turn me away, they say:

Please accept my sincere apologies for this concern. Halfords prides itself on offering a range of high quality products and services, and any concerns expressed by our customers are treated very seriously.

I can confirm that your Halfords Advanced Socked Set does include a Lifetime Guarantee and the store should have honoured this with or without receipt.

I have contacted the store and advised them of the incorrect advice you were given and they will be willing to exchange your item upon your next visit.

Which I think was dam good of them to respond on a Sunday, and give the branch a ticking off. I shall be down there tomorrow with a big smile, changing the duff ratchet...... and I wont even say "told you so" :teeth:

• Like 7

Just bought my 1st socket set...

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-64-piece-socket-set-1-4-3-8

Iv always just used my dad's missmatched unboxed selection of tools that he's been collecting over the last 50 years lol. Also this set has a spark plug socket perfect for when mine arrive Monday :thumbs: better than using the old... "bluetack in the top of the old spark plug socket" method lol although its been faultless the last few times iv used it.

• 4 weeks later...