Power loss????

jimmy.farrow7

I came home from offshore last night and went out in the Z this morning. I turned off from a roundabout accelerated off and it felt like I had a loss of power for a second or so and then it was all normal.

Just now I went to go out again and whilst waiting for car to warm up the car was idling but it feels like there is a spluttering from the exhaust every 5/10 seconds, I kept the Zed ticking over for 15 minutes and it was still constant . I look after my Zed so I notice any noise changes or if things feel different and it didnt feel right. I never run it lowand always use the more expensive fuel like V-power. Any ideas what this could be?

Edited by jimmy.farrow7

Not about speed, just how gentle you aren't with the pedal. Though it looks like you've had a Z for 3 years(?) so I'm guessing you know it pretty well. :thumbs:

Since it's only happened once, it could have just been a slippery patch and you've just not noticed the TC. Sounds like you need to go hoon about some more...you know... for science ;)

3 weeks, Ive worked offshore for 5 years so the car is left standing for 3 weeks at a time, when i come home i check all levels and let it run for a while before I drive it. I have only every had a problem with the battery as i left the interior light on. Im not really worried about the slight loss of power as it may have been the TCS but the constant spluttering sound from exhaust is completely different as it very very smooth on idle normally.

Edited by jimmy.farrow7

And this is why I bought a code reader, I have no idea but I'm pretty sure it can't be knock as it would start with a 0 which, according the the other vid needs 10 flashes and I'm only counting 7 or 8 total so probably starts with a 1 or 2... sorry need someone who's good at reading these...

And this is why I bought a code reader, I have no idea but I'm pretty sure it can't be knock as it would start with a 0 which, according the the other vid needs 10 flashes and I'm only counting 7 or 8 total so probably starts with a 1 or 2... sorry need someone who's good at reading these...

What code reader did you buy? I've seen people saying that some just don't work with Zeds (my cheap bluetooth one works with my mom's BMW but not my Z or my dad's Mercedes). I'll buy one, I just need to know which one will definitely work with a Z.