Change my own oil - Run in service - Will it void warranty?

Mikevv

Does the car need a run-in oil change? My guessing is it doesn't, not like it's an M or Ferrari engine (actually I don't think even Ferrari do that anymore these days), so don't worry about it. I certainly wouldn't bother.

You've answered your own question though: If you use their parts, how would they ever know? This is why I was quite happy to do my own changes on the 911 when it was under warranty.

Let's not forget that EU-type approval applies on brand new cars, so you could actually use any other similar-quality oil or filter and you would not affect the warranty in the slightest.

Oddly enough I thought they were a thing of the past until my mates brand new Polo Gti started squeaking at him for an oil drop after 2k

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

I’ve just bought a new 2018 Nismo and also thinking of getting the oil and filter changed after the 1200miles.

spoke to my local OPC last week and they mentioned £80 ish for the oil and filter change. Comming from BMW M cars and Porsche’s can’t believe how cheap the 370z is for servicing.

I also race Motocross Bikes and ride Superbikes. Motocross Bikes need a run is service after the initial 1.5 hour run in period. Each tome I do a run in service on a new bike it is amazing to see the amount of silver participles in the oil.

Therefore based on previous experience wouldn’t feel happy in leaving in oil in the Car for the first 9000miles or so, if the car is a keeper.

• 3 weeks later...

Had an the oil & filter replaced on my Nismo today after the running in period of 1200miles.

£85 inc VAT at my local Nissan HPC which I thought was great value for money.

Far cheaper than the £375 running service on my BMW M4....lol

• Like 1