Bam Shifts

m4nn13

Perve that I am, I like the anime girl. But thay have some cool stuff. If they can do a bamboo dash, strudul could have a go, he was after something different ;)

Hey, they did it in the LS460...

833f7cdfff4ef0eb506797ce2cd501b6.jpg

My result may end up a bit more like this though... :lol:

kia.jpg

Had anyone actually changed their handbrake cover? I had a look at mine today but can't see anyway if doing it without cutting it off!

I did look into it. You can get covers that go over the top, but if you want to replace the leather itself it has to be cut off.

If you like making your shift vague and about 10x longer, they're brilliant ;)

I quite like the design of the bamboo ones, just a shame they're going to be so light as otherwise they'd be great.

• Like 1

If you like making your shift vague and about 10x longer, they're brilliant ;)

I quite like the design of the bamboo ones, just a shame they're going to be so light as otherwise they'd be great.

Never saw the appeal of weighted knobs, but they aren't feather light: :thumbs:

Q: How heavy are the Bam Shifts shift knobs?

A: Bam shifts shift knobs range from a weight of 10oz to 14oz depending on the length of the bamboo knob/handle you are purchasing.

(Up to ~400g)

Apart from the steering, it's the one other part of the car you have direct interaction with. Shifter weight is absolutely vital to get right, and the more heft you can put there when the basic shift is anything other than perfect (i.e. not an MX5) then the better.

However, this is in danger of becoming a Five Minuter so I'll make that my final words on the matter.

• Like 2

I have concerns that the Z gearbox is already a bit clunky / delicate, and by adding weight / reducing feel, you increase the chance of causing damage. I can ram it into gear, but there is very little benefit to doing so and it is much smoother and happier if I just persuade it in.

I'll have to see if anyone has got a heavy knob at a meet and ask for a quick feel. ;)

It's only a Five Minuter if you make it one. The way i see it, it's an exchange of ideas / opinions to develop a better understanding and potentially reach a decision / conclusion. AKA, a discussion, which is what forums are for. :thumbs: