Meet up. Halfway House 6th June

MEET UP-Halfway house OR Bluewater  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Meet location

Right guys, so speaking to Dunks the other day, we agreed it would be good to have a little meet up. Get some food, and a general chill around the cars etc.

Niel suggested The Halfway House on Arterial road as a good location. Friendly with car meets, and providing decent pub food, possibly overlooking the cars too ;)

Alternatively I suggested Bluewater as another option. Obviously we can't overlook the cars during a meal, but well light, spacious car parking thats all under cover was an appeal.

Neither of us are fussed with where, so thought we'd let everyone else choose.

Tuesday 6th June. 7pm

Attending (add your name) :

-Scott

-Dunks

-Steve

-

Edited by Scott@TMN
  • Like 1

Halfway house would be ideal as it's 5mins down the road from me :p Bluewater, like you said Scott has awesome lighting and will be better for shelter should the weather be wet/windy (British summertime 'n' all) so I'm good with either :thumbs:

-Scott

-Dunks

-Steve

-GnarlyDingo

-Dal

-

Edited by Dal B
  • Like 1

mmm i pick my roadster up on saturday and im in romford so the halfway house would be good . be good to get involved and learn a bit about the cars . thats as long as a 52 year old in a roadster aint gonna cramp ya style lol .

mmm i pick my roadster up on saturday and im in romford so the halfway house would be good . be good to get involved and learn a bit about the cars . thats as long as a 52 year old in a roadster aint gonna cramp ya style lol .

Of course not, look forward to seeing you there! :)

How do you mean?

Just some want one and some want the other just thinking 2 meets might be in equal favour

I don't think it's a case of some people want one and some the other.

It's just an opinion of preference.

I'm sure everyone will turn up regardless of where it is because we all want to meet up.

I don't mind where it is, but if we are after a few photos etc then imo blue water is better for lighting and this unreliable weather.

The only down side of bluewater is the centre security get a bit grumpy about groups of cars meeting up now

Agreed, although the security was great with us last time.

I think if the cars are respectable and you're there for the social they are okay.

It's the people in saxos and corsa's making noise they don't like.

Yeah. They were pretty reasonable. Although I think they had a secret chuckle about the Evo that dropped the contents of his gearbox on one of the ramps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paul K

^I think they did!

Last time we were there (since the Z meet) there were a large group of cars and no complaints from the security. I should imagine, the anti social behavior attracts them, as with anywhere.

Referencing the two locations, there is a 20 min drive between them, so I went with the assumption this is do able for everyone.

As the vote system up top hasn't been inundated so far, and the primary idea was a meal, not photos and Niel did suggest the meet, and the halfway house, and just to give some direction to everyone plans. If most of us are ok with this, I think we should pencil in the halfway house as the location. With it being subject to change lets say 2 days before the meet due to weather, of which we will then opt for the undercover option of bluewater :) We will do the other location, next time :)

How does this sound to everyone?

• Like 1

Ooh why not, we used to hold an MR2 meet at the halfway house a few years ago.

-Scott

-Dunks

-Steve

-GnarlyDingo

-Dal

-flyn

-Paul K

-Slydog

-Gradders

- Chirag1988

-baileydom

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk