Kit allowing Iphone to be mirrored on the 370z nav screen

W8BGS

To confirm this has been sold and posted out to Dal B today. I've pm'd him regarding the recent comments around the safety function of the handbrake being on for video. It's my fault for not realising about this so have offered Darron a refund if when he receives it he is not happy with the extra work involved. Thanks.

• Like 1

Can't fault W8BGS for being totally honest with me and offering the refund :thumbs: I'm currently in the process of finding someone/ a method of removing the restrictions on the DVD setting and to allow it in motion but so far can only find near $200 harness' from the states, there must be a cheaper option. I'll probably end up keeping the cables for when I sort this anyway

Edited by Dal B

Can't fault W8BGS for being totally honest with me and offering the refund :thumbs: I'm currently in the process of finding someone/ a method of removing the restrictions on the DVD setting and to allow it in motion but so far can only find near $200 harness' from the states, there must be a cheaper option. I'll probably end up keeping the cables for when I sort this anyway

See my post.

Here is a small tutorial to remove the security for video display while rolling

Remove the safety of the Nissan GPS on 370Z, in order to have the video while rolling:

Behind the GPS:

1) - Cut the wire N ° 65 "Parking break signal" => This is one of the two safety devices: when the handbrake is used, the video is cut.

=> Wire N ° 65 side GPS connector => Connect it to a ground

=> Wire N ° 65 side beam car => Isolated and left

2) -Cut the wire N ° 82 "Vehicle speed signal" and put a switch between (indeed we can not do without the info "vehicle speed signal" because the GPS in need as it is used = > It is the 2nd security, it gives the info of speed, like that when the vehicle rolls, the video is cut.

Put a switch between the No. 82 wire that has just been cut (I put it in the center pocket void, next to the RCA sockets):

- inter in position on => the GPS always walks greasy at the info speed (but the video does not run while rolling)

- inter in position off => the GPS does not work (because more info speed, so GPS in the cabbage ...) but the video while running (even at 130 km / h)

This is not annoying at all because you can not put the gps em same time as watching a video from the RCA video input of the 370Z

=> Wire N ° 82 side GPS connector => Connect it to a terminal of the switch

=> Wire N ° 82 beam side car => Connect it to a terminal of the switch

Result, you can play a video / telemetry or other ..... while riding via the RCA video input of the 370Z

Translated from French. Not sure what the cabbages are :lol:

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 2