Kit allowing Iphone to be mirrored on the 370z nav screen

W8BGS

I've got all the leads needed for your iphone to be displayed on the 370z navigation screen. I have just used it to test and it all worked fine. I purchased small rca cables and hdmi cables so the whole set up could fit in the arm rest cubby. It includes everything in the picture. Including the wireless OBDII adaptor. All you need is one of the in car chargers, I used my tomtom one.

4836A94D-118E-4E77-AB7E-CD8D246614DC_zpse6zjjqru.jpg

Pic of it working.

97F6602F-6E9C-4259-89DC-2F0A425E2CC4_zpstcpx9itt.jpg

B513F729-9E27-4F4B-8EF8-6D1638BCB80A_zps9xsdvxzd.jpg

As you can see the picture needed adjusting using the screen setting buttons. But it works perfectly. I tested with an iphone 5s and Iphone 7 and both worked well.

£30 collected or £35 posted.

Sorry is this an app within the iPhone ? It may be an obvious/stupid question but can you not mirror the other menus etc on the phone? Is it just a case of using your phone to open and close apps ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry is this an app within the iPhone ? It may be an obvious/stupid question but can you not mirror the other menus etc on the phone? Is it just a case of using your phone to open and close apps ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, dashcommand is a phone app, and you use the phone to open close menus. You need the rca inputs for the screen to mirror on the nav screen and I believe the non premium connect does not have these?

Is that the fitted price ;)

How much do you need to strip to install it?

Haha, it all goes info the cubby, but you need premium connect. Nothing was needed to be striped for mine.

Are you plugging it into the Aux port in the cubby then? I assumed the RCA was going into the Video in on the HU (where you put the reversing camera)

Hi, here are the cubby inputs, every one gets used.

8304D517-ED2F-48AB-B0E8-3F7242139A31_zps1lbmgzbu.jpg

Excuse the mess, but just connected it all up so you can see what goes where.

537C7605-FC9F-40F3-9DBA-0ABDCCEA1ECB_zpskgv6lkiq.jpg

I do have a reverse camera that was installed when I got the car, but for this I haven't needed to take anything apart.

Thanks for the info mate and making the effort :thumbs: - I just made the assumption you had "hard wired" in and then put just the iPhone in the cubby - of course assumption is the mother of all c**k ups :lol:

Makes perfect sense now - where in Dorset are you??

Thanks for the info mate and making the effort :thumbs: - I just made the assumption you had "hard wired" in and then put just the iPhone in the cubby - of course assumption is the mother of all c**k ups :lol:

Haha, no probs, I probably could find a neater way if I was keeping it, but decided to sell so only fitted it like that to test it. Need the money for some other parts and installation costs.

I'm in Poole. Aren't you in Ferndown near to Bob?

Haha, yes installation included if installed the same way as I pictured above 😂

Yeah exactly that, its all from the ECU data. I can't confirm the accuracy, I had it in my Civic but it didn't need all of these cables and converters. You have to set some of the car info details and it will become more accurate.

Haha, no probs, I probably could find a neater way if I was keeping it, but decided to sell so only fitted it like that to test it. Need the money for some other parts and installation costs.

I'm in Poole. Aren't you in Ferndown near to Bob?

Haha, yes installation included if installed the same way as I pictured above 😂

No Bob lives near me ;)

:lol:

Have we met then????

No, don't think so, I have met Bob though at a Wliton Wake Up last year. ������������

Well hopefuly we will bump into each other at a meet this summer :)

Edited by Keyser

Does this come with the cable to allow it to run with the car moving, or will it only work with the car stationary?

Very good point. With the OP only test fitting this in the car I would imagine the car was stationary. As soon as you move the video feed is cut off by the car. A chap builds bypass kits (plug and play IIRC) for less than £100.

Does this come with the cable to allow it to run with the car moving, or will it only work with the car stationary?

Very good point. With the OP only test fitting this in the car I would imagine the car was stationary. As soon as you move the video feed is cut off by the car. A chap builds bypass kits (plug and play IIRC) for less than £100.

I have also done this and can confirm it's only on while stationary

Although I havnt got around to it I believe it's a a case of removing the head unit and cutting and grounding out a certain wire to allow ypu to have it while moving

Also ypu can't have your radio on as it plays on the dvd screen you can however play music threw your phone using the audio port on the 3 plug set up

I did test it moving and it was fine. I do have a reverse camera fitted, so I guess that could be why? I got my mechanic mate to fit that, so not sure what was involved.

Edited by W8BGS

Although I havnt got around to it I believe it's a a case of removing the head unit and cutting and grounding out a certain wire to allow ypu to have it while moving

Linky (see post #5)

Edited by Strudul

No, don't think so, I have met Bob though at a Wliton Wake Up last year. ������������

Well hopefuly we will bump into each other at a meet this summer :)

Yeah hopefully, I'll be at Jap day at Beaulieu and just seen the zed shed BBQ post, so will try and make that.

• Like 1

Linky (see post #5)

Thanks for posting this.

• Like 2