Ebay item delivered but wasnt

Jetpilot

I opened a case with ebay recently, a small item £30 but still frustrating, shipped with Yodel and apparently delivered and signed for, although it wasnt as I was in, yodel tracking does not show signatory name or number delivered, nothing from my neighbours as they always drop things round or i get a card through the door. The seller has gone quiet after offering a refund or replacement, I said I would have a replacement and ebay (in fairness) wont offer a refund because it says delivered. Just makes you realise how vunerable you are if some dodgy courier says they delivered it.

Maybe, but ultimately the seller is still liable and will have to either refund or replace as you say: If not, it's small claims time.

I always either pay extra for people to use a proper delivery company (DPD, RM SD) or I just don't use that person/company any more. Anyone who uses Yodel or MyHerpes to deliver things should be banned from selling anything.

• Like 1

I asked the seller for information, I.e signatory, house number, but got nothing back and to be fair, if the dodgy driver just signed with my surname, I cant prove otherwise, thinking of phoning yodel and balgging it to say I have cctv to show it wasnt delivered.

You don't have to prove really, they do. I'd be pushing the seller like crazy, it's the principle. If they don't learn they can't get away with using cheap crap delivery services, then they'll carry on doing it.

Yodel should have some kind of paperwork proving it, if they can't supply that to their customer then that's their problem.

My thoughts exactly and I have asked, ebay said I can appeal but have to have taken the correct steps, I.e contacted the courier, I dont think thats my responsibility, its up to the seller imho, problem is and hence the topic, just making sure people are aware of ebay policy.

Agreed, you have no contract with Yodel, only with the seller. That's totally down to them to sort.

Bit surprised that eBay have sided with the seller, even if at face value it may seem to be the right thing to do.

I think if you try and contact Yodel they will not speak to you as their contract is with the seller, not yourself. ( As per Ekona )

I once had an issue with a seller using ' My Herpes ' to deliver some mats for my Zed.

They said they had delivered it when they hadn't. I phoned the seller who was actually really helpful.

Turned out the package was still in their depot. The seller mentioned they would never use them again.

Now when I'm going to purchase from E-bay I check the courier. If it's some garbage cheapo one that gets paid by the drop and does not care, I don't buy it.

Edited by Rob332

We have a lot of stuff delivered at work and some of the couriers are shocking. Several will actually sign the delivery thing themselves, forging our receptionists signature saying that its been delivered when it hasnt. Apparently they get commission based on deliveries and if they think they wont be able to deliver it that day they will sign it off as delivered, then deliver it the following day. Quite anoying as in this day & age you get the "delivered" alert via your amazon app etc, go out to collect it and theres no sign of it.

• Like 1

^^ Pretty sure this is what happened, they signed it themselves. i have pursued it, the delivery driver is apparently off sick to confirm exactly what happened (convenient) but there was mention of putting through the letterbox, asking exactly how a signed for delivery that wouldnt fit through the letterbox happened fell on deaf ears, they can only advise correctly once they have spoken to the driver.

The problem is in ebays eyes, the item was delivered (i cannot prove otherwise) and the seller has gone quiet, i have now raised it with pay pal.

Edited by Jetpilot

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, just as an update, ebay and paypal refuse to do anything because according the tracking, the item was delivered, although the seller will not provide any evidence that is was signed for at this address.

Edited by Jetpilot