370z

getshawty

I thought I'd start a build thread mainly so I keep a record. Iv had the car a while now and I'm still loving it. Not my daily so doesn't get used an awful lot especially as it's just been winter.

Anyway here's the day I picked her up.

Got a great trade in price on my SRT6

20160516_141816_zps4xxbpq3c.jpg

I had a s/s rear section made up in the same week of getting it and love the sound

FB_IMG_1494901514795_zpsezmpr6is.jpg

Also had the windows done by Rich at Tint R who iv known for about 14 years now

Then I fitted a set of Tein coilovers.

FB_IMG_1494902792922_zpsx27hlicr.jpg20160923_173135_zpseqcgb6ud.jpg

20170504_115629_zpsf7phd8dl.jpg

Also gave every part of the car iv worked on a good clean.

20170516_034127_zpslgrhxsjc.png

FB_IMG_1494902893928_zpsyvshrqan.jpg

More pics to follow.

Edited by getshawty
  • Like 1

snap I have a yellow 370z the same as yours,you can get my build thread ,its called the yellow project,how did you find the car drove after doing the suspension as I maybe looking into this in the future.

cheers :D;)

Thank you for the comments. I didn't think many would like it because of the colour, tbh at first I was unsure and it was a choice between this one in Mansfield and a white one in Manchester,

Same price and miles but as soon as I saw it is wanted it and that was 20th May last year and I still feel great each time I drive it.😆

Next I had my roof wrapped in gloss black by Blueprint in Notts

FB_IMG_1494930963539_zpscs7lmei0.jpg

And this was the courtesy car they gave me for the day which was very nice and quick and good mpg so would be a fantastic daily.

FB_IMG_1494902810229_zpsaqz5budt.jpg

love what you are doing to the car,I just got mine in april,check my build thread,any mods let me know as I am always looking for ideas,Im thinking of putting the heritage black stripe which goes from front to rear later on.

there are only 40 of these cars in britain and the previous owner tried to track the cars down, but could only find 12! :D:teeth::)

snap I have a yellow 370z the same as yours,you can get my build thread ,its called the yellow project,how did you find the car drove after doing the suspension as I maybe looking into this in the future.

Don't you just love the yellow now lol. Apart from in summer when every little bug in the world wants to fly into over and over for some reason. Lol

The rears are down on their lowest setting and the fronts still have 8 full threads to the lowest but the rubber front lip is maybe 1 1/2 inches from the floor, I had to trim the rubber bit hanging down underneath in front on the front tyres because it was about touching.

The ride is slightly firmer, I don't drive it like I think I'm on a race track so I haven't pushed it to the limit not by a long shot, but it handles well, but it will not go over speed bumps.

Edited by getshawty

What's the heretige black strip. Are they the same as ours with a limited number having the decals on.

I love having a limited car.

I've had a MGF Abingdon vvc which I believe there were 150 in the past and my last car was a Crossfire SRT6 with there were 105 in rhd.

I also gave the engine cover a lick of paint and again cleaned the area I was working in, all the black plastics off and air filters etc to get to areas that really can't even be seen but I know it has been done.

20160926_161756_zpsfdgxbmw0.jpg

20170219_154746_zpsvvysa8kw.jpg

The strut bar I had off and used a rotary with denim then cutting then buffing pads and it came up like glass.

Next I decided to get rid of the horrible orange peel that the car comes with so I restocked up my cupboards and set to it. I used a fair few denim and velvet pads and it took hours of work but it came out pretty good.

I didn't take many pics here, mainly reflection shots but once you've seen one you've seen them all.

FB_IMG_1494902908626_zpsuq7wvmpm.jpg

Before

20170204_181247_zpsltpqoldn.jpg

After

20170304_204939_zpsysou0hdr.jpg

IMG-20170119-WA0002_zpsh7kjufoc.jpg

Edited by getshawty

Don't you just love the yellow now lol. Apart from in summer when every little bug in the world wants to fly into over and over for some reason. Lol

The rears are down on their lowest setting and the fronts still have 8 full threads to the lowest but the rubber front lip is maybe 1 1/2 inches from the floor, I had to trim the rubber bit hanging down underneath in front on the front tyres because it was about touching.

The ride is slightly firmer, I don't drive it like I think I'm on a race track so I haven't pushed it to the limit not by a long shot, but it handles well, but it will not go over speed bumps.

My white Z seems to attract flies like crazy in the summer but I'm not sure if it's the colour or the sweet smell of products like wax.

The wax that's on in these pics is AutoGlym HD but there's a fair amount of hours work before that goes on.

The quick and simple explanation is

I worked 1 panel a time, clayed it,then denim pad using a rotary with Menzerna 400 and velvet pad with 2200 ,after that blue then orange pad with 3500 or 3800 .

After that Chemical Guys EZ Glaze with white pad and HD on top.

Edges and rubbers etc need taping up and with the denim pads is very easy to break through so edges or corners where paint is thin need care taken.

Very clean car rare to see yellow ones, how do you find the tein coilovers?

Thank you. The coilovers are firmer than the standard suspension but it's still reasonably comfy and there's no rubbing at all only the rubber front lip sometimes.

I orginally wanted air but circumstances at the time it didn't happen.

Next i took the number brick off the front and put a slightly smaller plate on, Not really sure why there are 2 big holes behind it.

20170517_211259_zpsclpiurgj.jpg

I also wanted to get a duckbill spoiler because I really like the look of them but I saw one fitted to a 370 at japfest Silverstone the other week and I assume it was made of glass fibre because it was all wavy and against the perfectly flat boot lid it looked naff and it put me off so I went with this spoiler extension and I really like it.

20170516_142355_zpsvepreuv1.jpg

20170516_142339_zps8rj4fahe.jpg

Edited by getshawty