370z indicators fitted to 350z

Jay M1988

Morning all,

I've got a set of 370z indicators to be fitted by my local bodyshop but need some help from the forum.

The bodyshop will cut and fit the above but needs me to supply the hole saw drill bit.

Can anyone tell me the size of hole saw I require to fit the 370z indicator, and maybe even better a link to one so I can purchase it ASAP. Im a total noob when it comes to tools.

Help please haha.

Spoke to bobby singh and revolution paintwork but neither can help at this time.

Much appreciated Olly, aye they're experienced in metal work but doesn't want to buy the hole saw as he wouldn't use it again. So far Ive came to the conclusion 54mm would suffice after searching the internet over and over haha

Sorry for the slow reply Jay, actually only gotten out of hospital!

He said that he used a 25mm hole saw before finishing the rest by hand so it was a crisp tight fit (ohh errr misses) Unless Im not picturing it properly I cant see it being 54mm?

He said that he used a 25mm hole saw before finishing the rest by hand so it was a crisp tight fit (ohh errr misses) Unless Im not picturing it properly I cant see it being 54mm?

25mm wouldn't make any sense. The 350z emblem / 370z indicator is well over 2", so 54mm sounds much more accurate.

261601EK0Aa.jpg

226852d1233756254-370z-side-z-blinker-pic-0058.jpg

226851d1233756254-370z-side-z-blinker-pic-0057.jpg

If you had a clue about then you'd know that the 370z indicators actually sit proud of the lip that the original badges sit in, as they're actually a larger diameter then stock.

And Ill be sure to let the body shop know that a 20 year old who has no clue in bodywork has deemed his work, small and inefficient. OP im done wasting my time here with HE MAN, if you'd like accurate pictures and dimensions tomorrow then PM me. Or listen to Strudul who hasnt done it but knows better then everyone else :)

HE MAN AWAY

If you had a clue about then you'd know that the 370z indicators actually sit proud of the lip that the original badges sit in, as they're actually a larger diameter then stock.

And Ill be sure to let the body shop know that a 20 year old who has no clue in bodywork has deemed his work, small and inefficient. OP im done wasting my time here with HE MAN, if you'd like accurate pictures and dimensions tomorrow then PM me. Or listen to Strudul who hasnt done it but knows better then everyone else :)

HE MAN AWAY

Well aware of that, but the maximum diameter of the 370z indicators is not what you are drilling the hole for. You make the hole big enough for them to clip into, and the lip on the reflector face itself overlaps. However, all of that only goes to support my point that 25mm is small.

Perhaps you should ask for his reasoning behind using a 25mm hole saw before preaching. Is there a possibility that is all they had access to and didn't have a larger, more suitable size?

Here's the full procedure, was too much effort to quote it earlier:

(Images are broken on the site, not much I can do about that.)

i own a 350z 2007 grand touring and purchased 2 370z lamp assy-side flasher (emblems)

tools needed

- 1 flat head screw driver (used to remove inner fender clips)

- 1 phillip screw driver (used to remove inner fender clips)

- 1 phillip screw driver (90 degree angle)

- 1 tube of silicon

- 1 drill

- 2 hose clamps

- 2 drill bits (1/32 use to start the drilling, 2 1/8 drill bit to make the hole)

- little rust proof paint (paint the unpainted metal from drilling)

- 20 feet of wireing (used to wire emblems to the front signals)

- 4 plastic clips (purchased at autozone, connects emblem wiring to front signal wiring)

- 4 longer screws (2 per emblems holders)

- 1 template (included as attached .pdf)

- 2 nissan 370z lamp assy-side flasher (emblems) purchased at

http://www.courtesyp....-p-620273.html

http://www.courtesyp....-p-620274.html

pre-steps :

- prepare the lamp assy-side flasher (emblems) prior to installation

- i cut off the male connector on each emblem

- solder 2 new wires on each emblems

- remove both little pins on each emblems

steps :

- tools

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23767-blinkers001.jpg

- remove both fender wheel liner (on both sides) by removing the philip screws and plastic plugs

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23768-blinkers002.jpg

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23769-blinkers004.jpg

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23770-blinkers005.jpg

- view from inside the fender

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23771-blinkers006.jpg

- use something hard to push out the emblem ( i used my screw driver handle)

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23772-blinkers007.jpg

- the results after the emblem is pushed out

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23773-blinkers008.jpg

- use the suplied paper template (marked right for the passenger side)

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23774-blinkers009.jpg

- place the paper template over the center where the original emblem was

- use the small drill bit to drill in the center of the template

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23775-blinkers010.jpg

- once the center hole has been drilled

- to make sure the center hole is fully drilled, i redrill the center hole (without the template)

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23776-blinkers011.jpg

- i then use the 2 1/8 drill bit, position the center drill bit in the center hole previously drilled

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23777-blinkers012.jpg

- voila, a nice centerd drilled hole

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23778-blinkers013.jpg

- 2 pins located on the new blinkers (they both need to be removed)

- picture of the first pin

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23779-blinkers014.jpg

- picture of the second pin

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23780-blinkers015.jpg

- paint, add rust proof paint on the unpainted metal

- choices :

A) use 2 small screws to screw the plastic bracket onto the blinker

or

B) use a hose clamp to hold the plastic bracket onto the blinker (my choice, easier and faster to install inside the fender)

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23781-blinkers016.jpg

- add silicone all around the inside of the blinker

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23782-blinkers017.jpg

- install the blinker inside its hole, position the z as straight as possible (i used a level to align the z perfectly)

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23783-blinkers018.jpg

- view from inside the fender (you can see the hose clamp holding the plastic holder onto the blinker)

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23784-blinkers019.jpg

- get the wires from the blinker through the plastic holder located inside the fender

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23785-blinkers020.jpg

- locate the 3 wires from the front blinker connector

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23786-blinkers021.jpg

- a picture of both my wires from the blinker

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23787-blinkers022.jpg

- plastic clips that will be used to connect the wires from the blinkers too the wires on the front lights

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23788-blinkers023.jpg

- locate the front blinker connector (3 wires, green, black, blue)

- use a plastic clip to connect the black wire from the blinker onto the black wire from the front connector

- use a second plastic clip to connect your second wire from the blinker onto the green wire from the front connector.

michla22-albums-write-up-picture23789-blinkers026.jpg

- done

- test (use your 4 ways to see the side blinkers lite up)

- successful

- put everything back

its a great mod, have fun

Edited by Strudul

Just a small update the 54mm hole saw part arrived and Ill be checking it against the 370z indicators this evening. Ill be sure to post an update incase this may help anyone in the future or mods delete up to you guys.

Also Strudel that is the post with sizes etc I was going off, thankyou.

Edited by Jay M1988
  • Like 1

No Jay, Jay84 is right and thats not what we want in the slightest. Ive got some pictures for you and measurements if youd like to PM me

Please do not worry about posting any questions you have, no question is too stupid as we all learn by doing and most of us are all in the same boat :)

Lads firstly I apologise putting this up I didn't mean to start an argument or a war or words/sizes so to speak, Ill think twice next time before posting up.

Just a small update the 54mm hole saw part arrived and Ill be checking it against the 370z indicators this evening. Ill be sure to post an update incase this may help anyone in the future or mods delete up to you guys.

Also Strudel that is the post with sizes etc I was going off, thankyou.

Dont worry Jay, feel free to post up questions, the issue i was referring to has nothing to do with you or your question. It was in regard to some of the inappropriate responses and a wider trend that will no longer be tolerated

• Like 3

One thing i will recommend Jay is taking of the grey clip thing, because the 350 recess is smaller, its very difficult to get the retaining clips to actually push back into the recess, if i had to do it again, i would remove the grey clip, you will just be left with the round indicator, cut the whole very tight and secure with a couple of dobs of silicon, be easy to push out from inside by removing the arch liner. I hope that makes sense.