Show Us Your Custom Interior

Strudul

That's a lot cheaper than I thought it'd be. Most bits are for pre-facelift Zeds though (they are incorrectly labelled as 02-09).

That's a lot cheaper than I thought it'd be. Most bits are for pre-facelift Zeds though (they are incorrectly labelled as 02-09).

Good luck fitting those and getting a professional finish! :)

I have used those pre-made leather parts before on the VX220, the fit is 'ok' and glueing on large items is an absolute pain in the backside, it sets quickly and its hard to get the alignment right when it doesn't quite fit properly. I am somewhat OCD so when I fitted mine and found bits of the leather console cover hadn't glued down properly and you could literally pinch it up with your fingers I knew 'i got what i paid for' which is certainly 99% of the law in most things in life. I have seen other people try this stuff with mixed success - you could fork out a couple hundred quid and then be left with something which when looked at properly will look crap, and then you are stuck either living with it or replacing the dash.

• Like 1

^Technicolour wrap... neon orange engine bay... but a monotone, greyscale interior? Looks great, but I was expecting a rainbow disco inside :lol:

Haha :lol: You got me. The car was grey. That's all I have.... :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is mine, all custom genuine leather re-trim in orange:

20160801_183334_zps51oikrgz.jpg

Not 100% current as I have swapped the gear knob with a gloss black one. Not finished with the interior yet though. Pretty much ALL of the silver is going to be redone in gloss black along with the window switch surrounds on the doors and the vents.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think the Z interior is as bad as some say. It's not the best quality but it hasn't aged badly and suits the car.

The leather trimmed dashes and door cards look great. But I personally can't stand hydro dipped carbon fibre, or any fake carbon fibre. IMO it's the tackiest, cheapest thing you can put on any car.

I love real carbon fibre though.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, coldel said:

Appreciate the time and money gone into that, but if I am honest not sure on the colour, its looks like a black/red that has bleached out in the sun?

That's just the camera tbh. It's black leather with grey Alcantara with red double diamond stitch. In person it looks a lot better. In the pics, the Alcantara looks washed out red but I assure you, it is grey! :lol:

20170824_163557.jpg

I've tried adjusting the colours so you can see better.

Edited by Darkside
  • Like 2